Author Topic: 1882 -1900 Killaloe Parish records  (Read 1870 times)

Offline jbm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
1882 -1900 Killaloe Parish records
« on: Thursday 06 July 17 23:45 BST (UK) »
Killaloe Parish records are available up to 1880 on the NLI website but my gt grandparents were married about 1882 and their children were born 1883-1900 So where can I find the Parish records for these dates ?
Barrett, Gleeson, McMahon, Atmore, Fuller, Humphrey, Knock, Pyman, Smalls Ballina, Killaloe, Nenagh, Attleborough, Banham, Besthorpe, Garvestone, Hardingham, Mattishall, Morley St Peter, Morley St Botolph, New Buckenham, Old Buckenham, Reymerstone, Wymondham

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1882 -1900 Killaloe Parish records
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 July 17 23:57 BST (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 July 17 00:04 BST (UK) »
Most of the parish records on NLI stop at 1880 as it was believed most people would be recorded in the Civil Records by than http://registers.nli.ie/about , have you looked for the marriage and births in the Civil Records.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

Offline jbm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 July 17 23:32 BST (UK) »
I've found the births of all the children in the civil records but not the marriage of their parents This means that I can't trace the family back further than 1883 I was hoping the parish records would give me some names of other family members who acted as the childrens' sponsors If I could then find these sponsors in the civil records or in the 1901 census then I might be able to go back a further generation
Barrett, Gleeson, McMahon, Atmore, Fuller, Humphrey, Knock, Pyman, Smalls Ballina, Killaloe, Nenagh, Attleborough, Banham, Besthorpe, Garvestone, Hardingham, Mattishall, Morley St Peter, Morley St Botolph, New Buckenham, Old Buckenham, Reymerstone, Wymondham

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 July 17 23:57 BST (UK) »
I've found the births of all the children in the civil records but not the marriage of their parents This means that I can't trace the family back further than 1883 I was hoping the parish records would give me some names of other family members who acted as the childrens' sponsors If I could then find these sponsors in the civil records or in the 1901 census then I might be able to go back a further generation

The parish priest probably holds the only copy of the later records so you would need to contact him.
Elwyn