Author Topic: Griffith Jones  (Read 12574 times)

Offline Wodgemac

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Griffith Jones
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

So sorry I haven't replied to your last message. I have no idea why I haven't seen it.
Thank you for the information, did you ever find out if William and Hannah were married in Chester? And her name was Davies?
I've just decided to have another look at this side of my tree, so if I find anything else out, I will be sure to let you know?

Best regards

Richard
McGrorey, Loughrey, Briggs, Gribbin, Ferguson, Hunt(O)Connor(s), Danehy, Young, McGarrity, Doran, Jones, Vernon, Oakes, Williams, Alexander, Ross, O'Niel, McMullan, Lightbowne, Siddorn, Ryecroft, Bellowhouse, Walker, Gourley, Fagan, Havelin, Campbell, Smith, Thompson, Black, McCallum, Wilson, Loudon.

Offline pb6236

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Griffith Jones
« Reply #82 on: Friday 12 February 21 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Richard
The mysteries of the internet eh! Yes I'm still here beavering away.

The Chester marriage still seems to be a likely one as the dates and occupations do fit but nothing is 100%. However I did find what I believe are the registered births of two of Hannah's children after the 1837 registration started. Robert Jones born 24/9/1843, and Hannah Jones born 7/8/1846 both at Gwersyllt. The dates tie in with later Census returns. Their parents being William and Hannah Jones . William being a Blacksmith and Hannah's former name being Davies . So I am pretty happy that this is the right family.

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards
Peter