Author Topic: Robert Tye Hutchinson Beasley  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Tye Hutchinson Beasley
« on: Tuesday 11 July 17 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

You'd think with a name like Robert Tye Hutchinson Beasley he'd be easy to find but I'm really struggling with him.

I have him on the 1901 and 1911 census but then I just can't see him anywhere.

I know he was born about 1898 in Dunston, Gateshead. I'm fairly sure he was born out of wedlock and that his mother was Caroline Amelia Beasley, she married Walter Cariss about 10 years after he was born but I don't know if he was the father or not.

Here's the bit I'm struggling with.

My mother-in-law was doing the family history before she died a few years ago and she has him down as marrying Grace Miller but I'm not sure of a date. She has them as having 2 children one of which appears to be in Canada.

I can't find anything for him after the 1911 census where he is a 13 year old boy.

My father-in-law seems to remember that Grace was thought to have a bit free and easy with her favours (if you know what I mean) and that she was though to have died of syphilis.

Can anyone help trace any of them after 1911?
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Tye Hutchinson Beasley
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 09:10 BST (UK) »
GRO Index search shows his birth in June Q 1897, Gateshead district - which would include Dunston.
There is no Mothers maiden name shown which indicates he was illegitimate.

Durham Records Online shows he was baptised at Dunston Christ Church and his mother, Caroline Amelia Beasley  was a single woman

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 09:13 BST (UK) »
A free search of the 1939 register shows a Robert (Tye Hutchinson) Beasley, born 1897 recorded in Berwick upon Tweed

Boo

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 09:16 BST (UK) »
A free search of the 1939 register shows a Robert (Tye Hutchinson) Beasley, born 1897 recorded in Berwick upon Tweed

Snap  ;D Just about to post exactly that.

Also in the same household is a Grace E. Beasley. There are others, not revealed on the free search.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 09:18 BST (UK) »
Death, Robert T.H. Beasley, aged 68, 1st q. 1966, Northumberland North First.

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 09:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks a lot everyone, that backs up the 1911 census where his mother is showing as single and her future husband is in the house as a border.

Am I right in thinking the only way to see if he was the father would be getting the birth certificates for the two children - if he was named on them?

I'll have to get into the library and get the 1939 register for them, that might show the two children I have names of (I didn't post them as I'm not sure if they are still around and I know that's not allowed).

Thanks for the death JenB, where would Northumberland North First cover, could that be Berwick?

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 09:36 BST (UK) »
I've found a marriage for them on Scotland's People. I wouldn't have looked at that site if it wasn't for past help on this forum, thanks everyone.

He married Grace Elizabeth Miller in 1924 at somewhere called St. Giles and his name is spelt BEAZLEY on the site.

Michael

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 09:50 BST (UK) »
I've found a marriage for them on Scotland's People. I wouldn't have looked at that site if it wasn't for past help on this forum, thanks everyone.

He married Grace Elizabeth Miller in 1924 at somewhere called St. Giles and his name is spelt BEAZLEY on the site.

Michael

St Giles District is in Edinburgh:

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files//research/statutory-registers/registration-district-guide.pdf

Boo

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 10:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the death JenB, where would Northumberland North First cover, could that be Berwick?

Useful tip: search for his death on freeBMD. You will see Northumberland N 1st written beside his name. This is a link which you can click on, which will give you a list of all the places within that Registration District  :)