Author Topic: Trying to find relative of Isabella Haig Stevenson  (Read 12090 times)

Offline bellaode

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Alexander Mitchell
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 04 January 20 01:52 GMT (UK) »
Opps just did a search and I have already asked this question, I had completely forgotten about this.

Threads merged.

Offline nw_whiskers

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find relative of Isabella Haig Stevenson
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 16 July 20 09:59 BST (UK) »
Ref: So, beginning with John Stevenson (father of Margaret Stevenson, b. 1898): he was named on Margaret’s birth registration as a mason, residing at 17 Constitution St, Inverurie. Fortunately for us, he was still at that address in the 1901 census.

From the above John Stevenson age 47 appears in the Inverurie 1911 Census so that could be him even although I haven't gone into this matter in more detail.

Hope this helps, nw_whiskers
Stevenson, Marnoch, Scotland

Offline nw_whiskers

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 16 July 20 13:42 BST (UK) »
The death of a John Stevenson aged 74 in 1938 at Aberdeen Southern District Ref 168/2 283 is recorded on the ScotlandsPeople web site looks like a possible hit in the right direction. His Mothers Maiden Name is not recorded in the short form information from that site. Obviously, the death certificate is there at a cost for his relatives.

A ScotlandsPeople Web site login could be worth investing a few pounds in to get at the Official Records on John Stevenson, Mason at Inverurie from the 1901 Census onwards. A grave location with a Headstone could be helpful but that sadly does not look to be in prospect if he never married etc., but I could be very WRONG about that.

Best wishes, nw_whiskers

Stevenson, Marnoch, Scotland

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 16 July 20 17:45 BST (UK) »
You can view the full 1938 death certificate on the Scotland's People web site for £1.50.

Aberdeenshire Council's burial records are online at www.deceasedonline.com.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.