Author Topic: George and Elizabeth Glover- Barthomley/Wybunbury  (Read 1902 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George and Elizabeth Glover- Barthomley/Wybunbury Completed
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 July 17 09:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you so very much! I really appreciate that fresh set of eyes! Having visited the records office in Chester yesterday for another part of this research, I came across the reference to George and Mary Glover being siblings within a rent book and old lease papers- which set me back on resolving this particular branch.
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George and Elizabeth Glover- Barthomley/Wybunbury
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 July 17 09:31 BST (UK) »
Other children born to Daniel and Elizabeth Glover in Audley were
Sarah 1775
Mary 1777
John 1780
Ann 1783
Margaret 1788

Daniel Glover married Elizabeth Bennion 29 Dec 1774 in Barthomley by Licence. He was a farmer. According to the Licence he was born c1749 and she was born c1752.

There is a baptism 1747 in Audley for a Daniel Glover son of Robert and Sarah and a baptism of a Robert Glover in Barthomley in 1753 son of Robert. Therefore it is possible that Daniel and Robert were brothers, that the family moved between Barthomley and Audlend finally that the Elizabeth who married Ralph Smith was cousin to the George born 1761. Therefore it is very possible that George born 1761 was a witness at Elizabeth's marriage to Ralph.

Hope you can follow all that!

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 July 17 09:42 BST (UK) »
That is just brilliant and makes perfect sense! I already have a lot of movement from Audley to Barthomley and wybunbury and weston- so i have found myself having to check several churches as well for every single person!

Thank you very much indeed!

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline jeannie24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 June 22 20:27 BST (UK) »
All these people are my ancestors and I live very close to it all.  They are all very close together, and alot of their homes are still there.  They arent just names and dates, they all left their mark in different ways.  Mostly very good and hard working people who served their communities well.  If you need any specific information about anyone let me know. The ancient graveyard in Wybunbury is well kept and has a list up on a board of graves. Also Englesea Brook, Bartomley has a very well kept graveyard.  Audley is well kept but their grave records were taken by the gravedigger so not able to look up a specific grave.  If you can it is all well worth a visit.  Easy to find and a beautiful place.

Offline jeannie24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 June 22 20:37 BST (UK) »
Ralph Smith and Elizabeth (Glover) were my 4 x g grandparents. The smiths all lived in Englesea-Brook. Bartomley. They were all connected to the building of the Primitive Methodist chapel. (Google- Sarah Smith (Birchall) who inspired the building of the chapel. Ralph Smith inherited the Malt Kiln next to the chapel. (All still there) Their youngest daughter Margaret was my 3xg grandmother. She had 2 daughters illegitimately Emma Smith and Sarah Coomer. Then sneaked off to marry William Coomer at Stoke Minster, then went back to Wybunbury and had alot more children.  They stayed in Wybunbury and were eventually teachers at the Delves School. But all their children left the area for some reason. I have loads more infomation.

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 11 June 22 21:15 BST (UK) »
This is really fascinating - I will need to revisit my files as the research was done some time ago- and then I will definitely be in touch! I live within 10 miles of Englesea Brook and have visited the churchyard at Wybunbury several times when researching my own family tree of the Bourne family who lived at Crotia Mill for some time before moving towards Stoke.

I will try and check my files for Englesea Brook over thre next few days- Off the top of my head the crux of this line of  research was to establish which of the present day buildings was actually the home of Sarah Smith which was used for Prim Methodist worship prior to the building of the chapel. Hugh Bourne had relatives in Englesea Brook and his preachings on his visits inspired the start of Prim Mrthodist worship in Englesea Brook.
Thank you so much for responding to this thread- I will send you a PM in the next few days.

Offline jeannie24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 June 22 08:23 BST (UK) »
Sarah smith lived at Holly cottage. Still there and can be seen on google maps. A little further down from the chapel. Or google Sarah smith/englesea brook