Author Topic: Zadok Roper  (Read 1505 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Zadok Roper
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carole for confirming that. I think 1901 age on the Irish census must be wrong age for her and I am looking at one wife
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:26 BST (UK) »
I was just off to bed and got drawn in again  :)

Another possibility that Elizabeth dies and he goes back to Ireland to where daughter Lizzie is and remarries a younger woman.

Brie

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:28 BST (UK) »
His marriage and death are available to view on:
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/

Looks like brother-in-law John SAUNDERS on the 1911 census was the informant on the death.

Maureen

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:31 BST (UK) »
I was just off to bed and got drawn in again  :)

Brie

Sorry ::)

MaureeninNY Thank you for that. It is likely he was stationed in Ireland as I can't find him on 1871/1881 in England
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:41 BST (UK) »
I was thinking a baptism for Lizzie might be useful if it names the parents but I haven't yet found one. That being said I haven't had much experience at finding my way round the Irish sites.

Looks as if Lizzie got into a spot of bother later with the law. Will send details tomorrow if they are of interest as must discipline myself and go to bed. Work tomorrow.

Brie

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you Brie will look forward to that info...sorry for keeping you up

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 24 July 17 12:18 BST (UK) »
iluleah,

I am sorry, I cannot seem to find the info about Lizzie - goodness knows where I saw it. I've been trawling through sites to find it but to no avail. What I remember seeing was that she was in the Bullevant area and had got into trouble - not very serious. I think it was a minor public order offence but not sure. Will keep looking and if I find it get back to you. I always think I will remember things and then don't - the ageing process I suppose  ::)  Memo to self - write everything down. # senior moments.

Brie

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 24 July 17 12:34 BST (UK) »
Iluleah,

It would appear I have been maligning Lizzie. I have found the reference from the Irish PSD records. Lizzie was the complainant and a (name I can't read) Geary was the defendant. Geary also from Buttevant was charged with threatening and abusive language. The case was in court 8 Sep 1916 and adjourned to the following court. So far haven't found what happened.

Brie

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 24 July 17 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hello again,

It appears they were back in court on 28th Dec 1916. Lizzie wanted Geary (whose name I still can't read but would guess at Jude) to be bound over. However, s/he was found not guilty. At least I believe is reads NG - the handwriting is really difficult to decipher!

Brie