Author Topic: PEARSE family in NSW  (Read 759 times)

Offline pufflet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PEARSE family in NSW
« on: Wednesday 26 July 17 05:29 BST (UK) »
I live in NZ & I am researching a parallel line of my paternal ancestors, the BROWN family. I am attempting to find an emigration record to Australia from UK between 1963-1968 for the following people:
Frederick Laurence Edmund PEARSE, b.28 Dec 1899 Plymouth, Devon, England & his wife, Jessie Edith PEARSE, nee MONDIN, b. 1900 Maldon, Essex, England. They married in Bedfordshire Sep Qtr 1923. They had one child, Laurence  b. 1920's Middlesex. He m.  1960's Essex, Olive no birth details for Olive yet.
Laurence & Olive emigrated to Australia in 1960's on the SS Fairsky with their 2 chn.
I have found all the above adult family members on the NSW Electoral Rolls living in Winston Hills, Mitchell.... 1968, 1972, but in 1977 & 1980 Frederick  isn't with the family.
It appears that Frederick d. 1982 in NSW per BDM Index on-line but no place of death given.
Is it possible to access NSW Electoral records after 1980 on-line? Ancestry only has them to 1980.
I would appreciate it if anyone could help me find further info on this family.
Regards,
Jane Townsend

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: PEARSE family in NSW
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 05:41 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Many of the people you are identifying in your post are likely to be still alive.  Please may I ask you confirm that you know they are no longer living, as it is a No No to name living people in posts at RChat.

Winston Hills is a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales. 

The NSW BDM online deaths index does not include 'district' information from around the mid 1970s on, as the 'district' indicates the BDM district where the funeral director registered the death.   From the mid 1970s, the reporting was centralised at the BDM head office, Sydney. 

Ryerson Index (many newspaper cuttings from classified columns are indexed here by teams of volunteers) http://www.ryersonindex.org/

ADD
I do not know of any subscription websites with NSW Electoral Rolls more recent than Ancestry's current holdings.    The Australian Electoral Commission's website has a contact us page: http://www.aec.gov.au/About_AEC/Contact_the_AEC/index.htm   I doubt there's a general access available for third party enquiries.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline pufflet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 08:04 BST (UK) »
My apologies... I was unaware of the website restriction re persons possibly still living.
Thankyou for your suggestions.
Regards,
Jane Townsend

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 09:06 BST (UK) »
This is Olive's death notice:

Olive Margaret Death notice 22-11-2011 Death late of Haberfield Sydney Morning Herald 26-11-2011

Her funeral notice: http://tributes.smh.com.au/obituaries/smh-au/obituary.aspx?n=olive-pearse&pid=154743239

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Pufflet,
In case your are unsure, to edit out the names of those who are possibly still living, login to your R'chat account and then use the modify button you can see in your first post.
Simply delete as needed.
You have only a 24 hour window to do this  ::)

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 09:32 BST (UK) »
Jane, I think you missed JM's point.

You must remove all the names of those who could possibly still be living. That is anyone born on or after 26 July 1917, unless you have proof that they are deceased.

Olive is the only one I can find, other than the one you mentioned as listed on NSWBDM, who is proved to be deceased.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,

I have edited your post post for you.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pufflet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 21:54 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for your help.
Jane