Author Topic: My grandmother, born 1942 (adopted)  (Read 2442 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
My grandmother, born 1942 (adopted)
« on: Wednesday 26 July 17 14:52 BST (UK) »
Hello,

My grandmother was born in June 1942, and adopted in March 1943 in Calne, by Thomas H.H. and Dorothy Salter (formerly Scott), who had married in 1937, in Crockerton. My grandma only has an adoption record, but recall that her mother's name was Beaumont (maiden or ordinary), and my grandma was born Removed

I would greatly appreciate any help,

Thanks,

Adam McGregor
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My grandmother, born 1942
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 15:02 BST (UK) »
There is a birth for a Removed Beaumont registered in the July/August/September quarter of 1942 with mother's surname Beaumont. This was in Huddersfield Yorkshire though, so I don't know if it's the right birth, though she may have been sent away from home for the duration.  :-\ No middle name of Removed
 The registration may fit with a June birth.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 15:04 BST (UK) »
Yes, I saw that record too. She is Removed on the adoption record. But definitely a possibility.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 15:06 BST (UK) »
Are you hoping to find her father?

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 15:11 BST (UK) »
I'm hoping to find anything really. She said her mother's name was Beaumont, but she knows little more than that.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 15:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Adam...we are not allowed to give info on people who may still be living due to Privacy rules...there is a matching person listed here where you can trace and connect with living people.

http://www.GenesReunited.co.uk/tree/results/beaumont/jennifer?memberkey=0&yearofbirth=1942&yearofbirthrange=0&birthplace=huddersfield

Good Luck!

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 15:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that. I'll take a look now.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 15:24 BST (UK) »
If I were you I would add the word "adopted" somewhere in the subject heading in the hope that it attracts those who may be able to help you.

Looking at the year, it is possible that there was a relationship between her mother and a serviceman.

Is she still living? If so, she may be able to apply for her records. Someone will be able to advise you if this is possible and how to go about it.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: My grandmother, born 1942 (adopted)
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 15:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the tip - I've added adopted to the title.

Considering the time period, it was my first instinct that she could be the child of a serviceman - perhaps even a foreign one. She is still alive, but I don't really think she's interested in applying for them. She was adopted at 9 months, and although she has a picture somewhere of her biological mother, she doesn't really feel connected to them. I knew that she had been adopted, but I only saw the record today, when we were going through old records.