Author Topic: Robson of Bywell & Corbridge  (Read 2611 times)

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robson of Bywell & Corbridge
« on: Thursday 27 July 17 09:49 BST (UK) »
Hello All
I am studying the Robson's between 1690 and 1900, I have line that where there between those Dates.

Thanks
Allan Robson

Offline Sue Seymour

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robson of Bywell & Corbridge
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 December 17 06:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allan
I'm Sue Seymour and I think I am related to you. My great great grandmother on my Dad's maternal side was Elizabeth Robson born 1802 and married Edward Flint. Her parents were Robert Robson and Mary Donnison. I have a family tree on Ancestry under Kelly Burt, my daughter's name.

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 December 17 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue, thanks for your reply, you have solved a puzzle as I was never able to find out who Elizabeth married, yes we are related, my line is her Brother John born 1805, if you need more info on the siblings please let me know, also what info you have would be great.

Regards
Allan

Offline Sue Seymour

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 December 17 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allan wonderful to hear from you and that you are related! If you are able to go onto Ancestry, my daughter has a public tree KBurt82 and it's Kelly's family tree.
My father was John Hope born 1925 and lived in Great Harwood, Lancs, emigrated to NZ and died NZ 1981.
His mother was Elizabeth Ellen Flint born 1904, Lancs and died in NZ in 1990.
Her father was Edward Flint.
His father was William Flint born Liverpool, Mother was Elizabeth Robson and he married Ann Carter. It seems William's parents and family moved around a lot as his siblings were born in several different places including France.
I have found Alan Flint who lives in Lancashire who is my 2nd cousin once removed or 3rd cousin. We share the same great grandparents William Flint and Ann Carter, and I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. He contacted me a while ago and he's a very nice person. He's on Ancestry.
All the best
Sue

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 December 17 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allan wonderful to hear from you and that you are related! If you are able to go onto Ancestry, my daughter has a public tree KBurt82 and it's Kelly's family tree.
My father was John Hope born 1925 and lived in Great Harwood, Lancs, emigrated to NZ and died NZ 1981.
His mother was Elizabeth Ellen Flint born 1904, Lancs and died in NZ in 1990.
Her father was Edward Flint.
His father was William Flint born Liverpool, Mother was Elizabeth Robson and he married Ann Carter. It seems William's parents and family moved around a lot as his siblings were born in several different places including France.
I have found Alan Flint who lives in Lancashire who is my 2nd cousin once removed or 3rd cousin. We share the same great grandparents William Flint and Ann Carter, and I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. He contacted me a while ago and he's a very nice person. He's on Ancestry.
All the best
Sue

Hi Sue lovely to hear from you, I don't have Access to Ancestry,  my line John Robson born 1805 Corbridge he Married Eleanor Urwin born 1809 at Lamesley, they had 8 kids, the family moved to Sunderland around 1847, there son John born 1840 at Hetton Le Hole , he married Eleanor Hall in 1860, they had a son Douglas born Dec 1860, my dad was born 1922 in Sunderland his name was also Douglas a name still in the family today,  my present family live in Liverpool I am a retired Musician I have got the Robson line back to 1690 at Bywell Mr Corbridge, are in you New Zealand?
Hope to hear from you again.

Regards
Allan

Offline Sue Seymour

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 December 17 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allan
Yes I live in NZ. My Dad emigrated to NZ in 1951. He met my mother on the ship coming over and they settled in Feilding near Palmerston North. My grandmother and my Uncle Eddie (Dad's brother) and his wife followed in the 1960's and they ended up living up in Auckland. So all the immediate family settled in NZ.

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 19 December 17 07:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allan
Yes I live in NZ. My Dad emigrated to NZ in 1951. He met my mother on the ship coming over and they settled in Feilding near Palmerston North. My grandmother and my Uncle Eddie (Dad's brother) and his wife followed in the 1960's and they ended up living up in Auckland. So all the immediate family settled in NZ.

Hi Sue great to hear from , the are Robson relatives living in Canada, America, there are some still living in Corbridge,
Elizabeth's father Robert Robson was born at Brockbushes Farm nr Corbridge it is now a beautiful fruit farm and sells lovely coffee, if you google Brockbushes Farm nr Corbridge you will see the actual farmhouse where Robert was born in 1778.

Regards
Allan

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 21 December 17 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allan

Hi Sue, hope all is well, do you have any info on how many children Edward and Elizabeth had, and also do you when and were Elizabeth and Eward died.
Thanks
Allan

Hi Sue great to hear from , the are Robson relatives living in Canada, America, there are some still living in Corbridge,
Elizabeth's father Robert Robson was born at Brockbushes Farm nr Corbridge it is now a beautiful fruit farm and sells lovely coffee, if you google Brockbushes Farm nr Corbridge you will see the actual farmhouse where Robert was born in 1778.

Regards
Allan

Offline ADR68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 28 December 17 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allan

Hi Sue, hope all is well, do you have any info on how many children Edward and Elizabeth had, and also do you when and were Elizabeth and Eward died.
Thanks
Allan

Regards
Allan

Hi Sue, hope you had a lovely Xmas and have a good new year.

Regards
Allan