Author Topic: Robert BALL born abt 1770, Pinxton  (Read 2053 times)

Offline andyandmella

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert BALL born abt 1770, Pinxton
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 December 18 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Goldie61  I can see you have researched the Balls as well!  I am really confused as my 3rd Gt Grandfather (Jesse Hall) seems to have a mother (Grace Ball) and father George Swain.  I am unsure why Jesse would have taken his mother's surname when his siblings were all called xxx Swain. 

George Swain seems to have married twice which is really confusing as his first wife seems to have lived a long time...

It's making my head hurt

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Re: Robert BALL born abt 1770, Pinxton
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Jesse Ball - illegitimate daughter of Grace Ball. She subsequently moved to Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire with George Swain (no marriage so far discovered) and had at least five more children.

Still looking to rationalise the parentage of two Swain girls (Patience and Mary Ann) born in the Basford District in the 2nd quarter of 1846. One - Mary Ann - is with George and Grace in the 1851 census

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson