Author Topic: Marriage Llanwinio 1825  (Read 866 times)

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Marriage Llanwinio 1825
« on: Friday 04 August 17 23:18 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm revisiting some of my oldest research. My 4th great grandparents, James GRIFFITHS and Mary LEWIS were married on the 1st August 1825 in Llanwinio. I have seen the basic transcripts on FreeREG and FamilySearch and there is an image of the banns on FindMyPast, however I can't find more information or an image for the actual marriage. It occurs to me now that it wouldn't be inconceivable for an 1825 marriage to have witnesses, which I don't have.

James has posed a problem for me for a while because it seems his entire line were not christened in the parish churches (they may have been Calvanist) so other sources have had to be employed to hold the family together. His second marriage shows his father and I've got suggestive brothers, but any family witnesses to his first marriage could be enormously helpful.

His potential brother, William GRIFFITHS, married Amy JAMES in 1831, probably Llanwinio. Again, I've seen the banns (held in Llanwinio up to 25th Sept 1831), but not a marriage at all.

If anyone has any access to Llanwinio PRs or BTs, I would be very grateful.

Regards
Ayashi

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Llanwinio 1825
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 August 17 00:34 BST (UK) »
Hi the banns show that one of the witnesses was a Richard Griffiths.
OOPS Wrong marriage banns therefore ignore!!
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk