Author Topic: Marriage of John Fairweather to Elizabeth abt 1710-1720 Debenham area Suffolk  (Read 1130 times)

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'm looking for a marriage between a John Fairweather/Fayrwether and Elizabeth (possibly Shuckleford/Shuckford etc) about 1710-1720 in or near Debenham, Suffolk.

I have, what I think is his baptism in 1686 in Debenham as (s/o John & Margarett)  and some of his children bapt. between 1718 & 1723 all in Debenham.
On Anc... there is a tree showing also a Margaret 1716 but I'm not sure if she is part of this family.

I have looked on FreeReg, Familysearch all without success and am hopeful someone can help.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of John Fairweather to Elizabeth abt 1710-1720 Debenham area Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 August 17 04:07 BST (UK) »
Can't see the marriage you want, but there is a baptism for Margaret FAIRWEATHER at Debenham on 20 Jan 1716/17 to parents John and Eleanor, though I can't see any other children baptised to this couple. It would seem an unlikely mistake/mistranscription, however I can't see any burials for an Eleanor FAIRWEATHER in the Debenham area that would fit. So I can see why someone made the assumption Margaret was part of your family, but I'm not 100% convinced.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of John Fairweather to Elizabeth abt 1710-1720 Debenham area Suffolk
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 August 17 08:29 BST (UK) »
Boyds Marriage Index has a John Fairweather marrying an Elizabeth Shuckford in Brome in 1701 no day or month given.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 August 17 11:06 BST (UK) »

Thank you both for your help.

Emoltom;  I can only assume that Boyds is taken from the BTs if they exist and is certainly earlier than I thought originally.

Where did you get the parish of Brome from? please.
Using the search facility on FindMyPast it only shows Suffolk

maddy52;  I had seen burials for   Eleanor (7-2-1777)  &  Elizabeth Fairweather (26-11-1762) in the burials index from the SuffolkFHS, so not sure which is which!!

Alan
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 August 17 12:34 BST (UK) »
Boyds Marriage Index is available on FindMyPast. Go into the A-Z record Sets and type in Boyd. That's where it says Brome

Emeltee
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 August 17 14:18 BST (UK) »

Thanks Emeltee - eventually got there.

Alan
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 August 17 00:43 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I thought I would let you all know that with the very kind help of the SFHS, they have provided
the date of marriage for the above couple being; 30-10-1701  in Brome, Suff.

Alan
Artis, Gray in Norfolk