Author Topic: 29 Bligh Street, Sydney, 1945/1946  (Read 2186 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Bligh Street, Sydney, 1945/1946
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 August 17 04:03 BST (UK) »
I am trying to track down a Reginald Kirby who gave the address in a 1945 advert offering postal tuition of writing - and would like to find who he might have been working for or if he had an office to himself.

Many thanks
John

What to you actually mean by "track down"?

Glancing at your previous posts I suspect your interest in the man lies with his occupation of author, rather than his personal family history.

Is this correct?

Rest assured, if this is the case, he was quite a prolific author who had previously been a clergyman.
(See my previous reply#8)

I can easily provide fuller details of his life and death if you wish, but it would not be sensible to post such information at this point, if it is not actually a necessary part of your research.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline m23to53

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 February 18 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Apologies for not replying earlier, but other events have meant that my research and thus Rootschat have been put on hold. But I am now back in the swing of things,
Obviously, as you say, my interest is identifying various authors rather than family members - though one day I shall have to do some research on that. Aafter all, my gran was one of eleven who married someone of a similarly large family, and there seem to be few family tree references to any of them.
Thanks for you help, Sue, but I have now discovered that Austlit, the online bibliographic service have a goor little bio of reginald Kirby which will hopefully provide the information I need.

Thanks for your help
John

Offline Ronald Cardwell

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 17 April 22 11:25 BST (UK) »
Dear Research Friend,

I have come across your long ago post. I certainly can help you but would be interested in understanding where you are coming from in relation to Kirby. I am just completing a large essay on Kirby and his life.

Ronald Cardwell