Author Topic: Mary Burt  (Read 3938 times)

Offline rkrtx63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Burt
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 05:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

This is Ronnie, the original starter of this thread. Not to be confused with Ron, who also posted on this thread.
Thanks to everyone for your replies, lots of good ideas being shared. I'll try to go thru a few thoughts ...

I have been leaning toward David Love and Janet Whyte as the parents of George so its nice to see you had the same idea.

As far as Mary Burts' parents, I have made no progress other than Mary's death cert. I believe the informant was an official at the work house so more than likely they did not know all the correct information. And sad to say its hard to tell what her state of mind was when she entered the workhouse.

Oliviasophie...I am descended from George and Mary's son Francis. I see you are descended from Robert, who I believe married Susan Campbell if I have that correctly. Robert's son , also a Francis, came to America, and stayed in the same community as his cousins. Our tree seems to be crawling with Georges, Roberts, and Francis. Most all were still coal miners even here in America for several generations. I have a tree on Ancestry but not as complete as my home computer. And I have some old photos that have been passed down from my Grandmother. I would love to get your email and share information if you like?

Kind Regards,

Ronnie

Offline Oliviasophie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ronnie,

That’s correct Robert married Susan Campbell & im From their daughter Elizabeth Wood Love. She died aged 21, days after giving birth to my g randmother. There are loads of Francis, Georges Etc - you’re correct- that’s why leaning toward David Love as he has a Francis too.

How can I send my email!?

Kind regards

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 10:28 GMT (UK) »
How can I send my email!?
Click on the wee icon below Ronnie's username that looks like a head and shoulders to send him a PM (Personal Message).
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline rkrtx63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Olivia,

I sent you a PM