Author Topic: Almost 10 years on and STILL can't identify John Williams - any ideas?  (Read 5094 times)

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Almost 10 years on and STILL can't identify John Williams - any ideas?
« Reply #63 on: Monday 04 September 17 09:35 BST (UK) »
Such a shame John didn`t live longer, even a couple of months, we then would have had a clue as to where he was born  :(
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jill Eaton

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 04 September 17 12:48 BST (UK) »
So it does look like we can kiss goodbye to the New Moat John Williams as he is 9 or 10 years too young. Back to the drawing board.

It was a good call though Coombs and I'm really very grateful for all the time and effort people have put in searching for my ancestor

I think the idea that his mother may have been called Mary might be a distinct possibility as well which does mean that searching for him on earlier censuses should at least be narrowed down I have a year of birth for him

There are a couple of possible hits on a Irish Roots search engine but since I have to pay 9 for 24 hours search-time I thought I'd wait until the weekend so I can maximise my time.

It's entirely speculative but I had a search of the various catholic baptism records who may or may not be linked to the godparents of the twins. it was very circuitous but a surprising number were linked to plasterers and came from Limerick (or their parents did). I am just wondering if there was a builder manager/owner who came from Limerick who made a point of employing men from his home town. It may be purely coincidental.
Davis - Berkshire & London
Sutcliffe - Yorkshire & London
Harrington - Ireland and London
Fuller - Cambridgeshire and Essex
Waldron/Waldren - Devon & London
Frisby and Lee - Leicestershire
Hollingsworth - Essex
Williams - Ireland? and London
Ellis, Reed & Temple - London
Lane - ?
Surplice - Cambridgeshire
Elwood - Cambridgeshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Amelia123

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 06 June 19 08:26 BST (UK) »
I have a relation called William larkin Perks born 1803. Not sure if this is any help.