Author Topic: Almost 10 years on and STILL can't identify John Williams - any ideas?  (Read 7776 times)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Almost 10 years on and STILL can't identify John Williams - any ideas?
« Reply #63 on: Monday 04 September 17 09:35 BST (UK) »
Such a shame John didn`t live longer, even a couple of months, we then would have had a clue as to where he was born  :(
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Jill Eaton

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 04 September 17 12:48 BST (UK) »
So it does look like we can kiss goodbye to the New Moat John Williams as he is 9 or 10 years too young. Back to the drawing board.

It was a good call though Coombs and I'm really very grateful for all the time and effort people have put in searching for my ancestor

I think the idea that his mother may have been called Mary might be a distinct possibility as well which does mean that searching for him on earlier censuses should at least be narrowed down I have a year of birth for him

There are a couple of possible hits on a Irish Roots search engine but since I have to pay £9 for 24 hours search-time I thought I'd wait until the weekend so I can maximise my time.

It's entirely speculative but I had a search of the various catholic baptism records who may or may not be linked to the godparents of the twins. it was very circuitous but a surprising number were linked to plasterers and came from Limerick (or their parents did). I am just wondering if there was a builder manager/owner who came from Limerick who made a point of employing men from his home town. It may be purely coincidental.
Davis - Berkshire & London
Sutcliffe - Yorkshire & London
Harrington - Ireland and London
Fuller - Cambridgeshire and Essex
Waldron/Waldren - Devon & London
Frisby and Lee - Leicestershire
Hollingsworth - Essex
Williams - Ireland? and London
Ellis, Reed & Temple - London
Lane - ?
Surplice/Surplus - Cambridgeshire
Elwood - Cambridgeshire

Offline Amelia123

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 06 June 19 08:26 BST (UK) »
I have a relation called William larkin Perks born 1803. Not sure if this is any help.