Author Topic: Michael Joseph Lyons. Born Clontuskert area of Galway. C. 1879  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Seeper

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Joseph Lyons. Born Clontuskert area of Galway. C. 1879
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 19 August 17 12:42 BST (UK) »
Many Thanks.

Seeper

Offline MichaelLyons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 30 July 23 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, hope all is well. I've been researching my family history and a lot of the names match up and my grandfather also comes from a large family(one of 10). Is it possible we may be related?
My grandfather was also from Clontuskert, Chapelpark to be exact. Great grandparents are James and Bridget Kelly.

Offline Seeper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 03 August 23 20:18 BST (UK) »
Unable to say if connected. Can you give me more details. My two times Great Grandfather Roderick Lyons (Rody)  was married to an Ellen Kelly.

Seeper

Offline MichaelLyons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 04 August 23 01:51 BST (UK) »
Not saying we definitely have a connection but saying a good chance. Ganaveen and Chapelpark are both in Clontuskert and less then a 5 min drive.
I was only able to find my 2x great grandfather James in a census that he reported as head of household. Is it possible your GG grandfather Rodrick and my GG grandfather James either had same parents or may be related a few generations before.
James was born around 1790 and died 1874.
I believe James and his wife Ann started the family farm and it lasted 3 generations. I was unable to find anything as of now about where James is from.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Seeper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 04 August 23 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Unfortunately Chapelpark has not appeared before.  My Great Great Grandfather Roderick Lyons (Roger) was born circa 1825. He married
Ellen Kelly in 1845 and died in 1865.  The name James has also not appeared in the family. He would look to be a generation ahead of Roderick.

It could of course be a connection but unfortunately I have not been able to establish where Roderick was born or any other information regarding his parents - lack of records. I did actually have some research made in Ireland some years ago but nothing then or since has turned up .

Do you have details of James’s children,and coming forward from there?
It would be useful to know in case anything else turns up.  I have a tree on Ancestry under Dolby Tree.
Regards,
Heather