Author Topic: Steele Family of Queen's County  (Read 876 times)

Offline SMJW

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Steele Family of Queen's County
« on: Thursday 17 August 17 16:21 BST (UK) »
Just confirmed that my ancestor Richard Steele was born 1773 in Queen's County. He died Nov. 6, 1856 in Grenada West Indies and a newspaper obituary from the island indicates Queen's as the county he originated. He left there in 1800 for the West Indies. He had siblings - Lydia Margaret 1770-1847 m John D'Acre; Robert m Frances Moore; Anne m Thomas Ringwood; and Catherine m M.T.Smith.
Looking for other researchers of these families. :)
Watkins Suffolk England to Trinidad; Steele Grenada to Trinidad W.I.; Ottley Nevis to Trinidad W.I.; Huggins Trinidad & St. Vincent W.I. 1881-Present

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Steele Family of Queen's County
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 August 17 18:22 BST (UK) »
Not Researching;
-----
Southern Reporter & Cork Commercial Courier 26/4/1853
--
at Holy Cross Church, by the Rev. Geo Peacocke, John Kennedy, son of late Rev. P Kennedy, Vicar of Loughmore Co Tipperary, to Annabella, relict of Richard Steele, of Skerke, Queens County

(Skerke is in Borris-in-Ossory)
=============================

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 August 17 18:26 BST (UK) »
Dublin Evening Post 27/10/1842;
-------------
Births;
Oct 21, the lady of Richard William Steele, eldest son of John Steele, Kyle House Queens County, of a son and heir.
===============================

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 August 17 18:37 BST (UK) »
Waterford Mail; 30/10/1841
----------
Births;
at the residence of her father, in Wexford, the lady of Richard Steele, eldest son of John Steele, Kyle House Queens County
of a daughter,
====================

Offline SMJW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 August 17 08:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jack2227 and for previous contributions hoping one day to connect to these Steele 1800's generations. I suspect the father of my ancestor Richard Steele may have been born in Ireland between 1725-1750 to have had children of the age born 1770-1773. Cheers!
Watkins Suffolk England to Trinidad; Steele Grenada to Trinidad W.I.; Ottley Nevis to Trinidad W.I.; Huggins Trinidad & St. Vincent W.I. 1881-Present