Author Topic: Gallagher family pennslavania  (Read 507 times)

Offline darty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Gallagher family pennslavania
« on: Friday 18 August 17 16:56 BST (UK) »
Looking for my dads birth certificate  he was born 1910 I got his baptism cert but can't find birth any help app

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gallagher family pennslavania
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 August 17 17:21 BST (UK) »
There is a link to the birth index that would cover that time here - http://www.phmc.pa.gov/Archives/Research-Online/Pages/Vital-Statistics.aspx  Once you find the entry on the birth index, you can order it according to the instructions on that page.

Offline darty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 August 17 23:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks I have looked up birth index for  my dad it looks as his birth is registered in wrong name any ideas why

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 August 17 23:30 BST (UK) »
Mistranscription?  Clerical error?  Born to an unmarried woman?  Could be anything.

Offline darty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 August 17 12:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply much app.as you say could be clerical error  it definitely was the right mother  date of birth correct just the name wrong (down as Martin j ) my dad Anthony)wil I be able to get cert. as I am in England I look forward to your reply

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 August 17 12:42 BST (UK) »
On the page I linked above, it says to request uncertified copies of 1906-1911 birth certificates and 1906-1966 death certificates, use the Vital Records Request Form (PDF) and to request certified copies of birth or death certificates, 1906-present, contact the Division of Vital Records.  The Division of Vital Records page gives an option for ordering online and sons/daughters are allowed to get them, so that may be your easiest option.  You may have to ask them if they will mail the record overseas.

Offline darty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 August 17 12:48 BST (UK) »
Oh you are so helpful so much app I have been trying for years you see my dad passed away in1971here in England  it is a long story if you are interested I wil tell you al about it do I have to give any documation that he is my dad  thanks