Author Topic: Blencathra FSC Whitehaven  (Read 903 times)

Offline Adaepuzzler1932

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Blencathra FSC Whitehaven
« on: Thursday 24 August 17 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi everybody, my wife was a patient at Blencathra during the 1940s she has a wealth of memories to share. We have just returned home to Lincolnshire following a walk down memory lane for her, we visited Blencathra FSC and the museum in Keswick to see the exhibition about the TB sanatorium. During her stay as a young girl of tender teenage years she was known as Ada Gibson from Carlisle, her sister Doreen was also there at the same time as was her cousin Billy Shepherd. Ada has many happy experiences to share as well the treatment etc and can recall lots of other patients and the medical staff. She is interested to hear from others potential patients and is looking for any photos of former patients and in particular Dr Sergeant and his staff, matron, nurses etc. Lots more to say so hopefully somebody out there can help no matter in what small way, from small beginings etc etc. Thanks in advance to everybody. I am Keith doing this for Ada my wife.

Offline clearly

• RootsChat Senior
  • If we understand the past we understand the future
    • View Profile
Re: Blencathra FSC Whitehaven
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 August 17 23:11 BST (UK) »
Carlisle Archive Centre has some deposits of records from Blencathra Sanitorium but the website's catalogue is down at the moment. It will probably be after Bank Holiday before it is up and running again. 
Forster Cul, Harrison Cul, Wood Cul Yks, Castley Cul & Wes, Lorimer Cul and Perth,Innis Cul, Casson, Cul, Johnston,Cul & Nfk, Carruthers Cul, Ewart Cul, Jardine Cul & Dmf, Story Cul, ONeill Cul & NI, Davis Cul & Ldn,