Author Topic: CONFUSED  (Read 615 times)

Offline Jimvin

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
CONFUSED
« on: Sunday 27 August 17 11:35 BST (UK) »
This builds on an old thread, but I thought after MANY years of trying to solve this I was finally there. Here is one of the old threads with a lot of detail.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=726921.msg6305627#msg6305627

So Herbert Janvrin Vincent and Agnes maiden name Friedberg have proven to be really difficult to track down, or more specifically their deaths. Their children survive but there are no stories in the family about what happened to them. They are my GG Grandparents so not exactly that long ago.
A quick summary of the key facts:
Herbert Janvrin Vincent born 1855, listed as deceased on his son's marriage in 1903, seems to go off record in the 1880s, along with his wife, the boys safely recorded in 1891 in Jersey with grandparents but no parents.
I finally thought I had a record, initially I thought two deaths at sea but I think they are referring to the same person.
There is a death 19 May 1900 but logged in BT334 August 1900. I actually went to see it at the National Archives because the address was fuzzy, they agreed and let me see the original and the address is 109 Louisville Road Balham. They had previously lived near Croydon so it is not that far to Balham. However, this is what is perplexing. I looked up 109 Louisville Road on Land Registry and the freehold is listed as 01.02.1901, does that mean it was built then? Old maps, i.e. 1890s OS have Louisville marked out as a road but with no houses on it. So was their address 109 Louisville? I had hoped I may have seen a name listed on the Land registry but there wasn't. Any ideas how to get more info on that? when it was built etc. Who first owned it?
The info listed on the BT334 Deaths at Sea on Find My Past does fit... JH is corrected H J. He was born in Yorkshire in 1855 not 1856, but one year out isn't that bad. And the extended family were known to travel, often doing the Lord's work... loads of Reverencs in the family at that time.
If you want to look into it, check out the other old threads

Offline cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: CONFUSED
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 August 17 12:23 BST (UK) »
109 Louisville Road, Streatham, Wandsworth, Balham Ward appears on the 1901 census (aJohn Hayles living there)
Electoral rolls give the following occupants at that address
1900  Charles White
1902 Albert Whitton Alston
Not much help to you I m afraid as it does nt mention a Vincent family , they obviously were nt there when details compiled, but at least it confirms there was a 109 Louisville Road in 1900.

Cathy
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Jimvin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 August 17 13:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks Cathy. However.... a Charles C B White was the Brother in law of Herbert... C C B White was in Wandsworth in 1894, not too far away... could be on to something

Offline Jimvin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 August 17 14:08 BST (UK) »
I'm having a look through electoral on FindMyPast and cannot find this Charles White, what search terms did you use?

Offline Jimvin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 August 17 14:13 BST (UK) »
Found him on Ancestry