Author Topic: Graham family  (Read 4644 times)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Graham family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 July 19 11:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul ...Got your message looking for information on Robert Graham who married a Miss Sweeney
Scotlands People have a marriage for Robert Graham and a Grace Sweeney 1910 Anderston Glasgow
You would need to buy some credits and view this record

You said the last address you had for them was 12 Burn Street Renton Dumbartonshire

Robert Graham was at that address until 1925 Valuations Rolls

There is a death for a Grace Graham 1980 age 87 Vale of Leven  other name Sweeney mothers maiden name Smith this record would need to be ordered

A tree on Ancestry if you have access has a death for Robert Graham 23 August 1967
Father William Graham Mother Elizabeth Jane Quinn
Scotlands People has a death Robert Graham 1967 age 76  Bonhill & Renton this can also be viewed

Rosie 

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 July 19 11:43 BST (UK) »
Did your William John Graham die 1972 Dartford Kent ?

If you search S P for births for Graham in Bonhill there are several that could be yours going by the names ...Unfortunately most of these records would need to be ordered ..Or if you are near
The Scotlands People centre Edinburgh you view these records ..It's a wee while since I was there last so not sure if the price has went up from  £15.00 for a full day search .....The Mitchell Library Glasgow also have a search room ...Posted these details just incase someone on here might be related to this family

Rosie

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 July 19 12:18 BST (UK) »
It's a wee while since I was there last so not sure if the price has went up from  £15.00 for a full day search
No, it was still £15 last month.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 July 19 12:33 BST (UK) »
It's a wee while since I was there last so not sure if the price has went up from  £15.00 for a full day search
No, it was still £15 last month.

Nice to know they are keeping the prices down definitely worth it  :)

Offline jennibird

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 05 November 21 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am found this thread and am Matilda Denniston's (nee Graham) grandaughter.  Her parents were Robert Graham ( a ship riveter born in Ireland) and Grace Sweeney (who had 13 kids) in Renton (Dunbartonshire) and many of the names match up with those on this thread. My Granny and I would like to know if we still have relatives there.

Her siblings names were:
Bill Graham, Annie (Dot), Betty (Elizabeth) - married Peter Haggerty,Robert, Gracie (married John Crombie), Jim (married Winnie), John (married Sylvia), May (married Tom), Kitty (Katherine) - married Tony O'Donell, Millie (Millicent)  - married James McKerry, Ronnie, Nettie (Hannah).

My Gran's dad (Robert Graham) had siblings named William Graham, Matilda & Hugh (possibly).
My Gran's mum (Grace Sweeney) had siblings Jane Sweeney (or Mary Jane Sweeney?) - married to become Jane Bishop, and a brother who dies young named Mickey Swenney.

Please let me know if any of this sounds familiar to those on this thread, or how to find more information.  thank you in advance.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 05 November 21 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi jennibird and welcome to rootschat hopefully Paul will be able to help you with family names ..We are not allowed to post names of living people so assuming the names posted are all deceased if not you might want to edit your post

Rosie

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 05 November 21 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Please let me know  ... how to find more information. 
You should be able to find quite a lot of information in the indexes at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, and you can view images of many of the original documents at modest cost.

There is an index to births, marriage and deaths in England and Wales at https://www.freebmd.org.uk/ but if you want certificates you need to order them via https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp#Results (do not use an agent because they will charge you extra for doing what you can easily do yourself).
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline jgm

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 03 February 23 07:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jennibird.
Paul is my brother
I would be very interested in talking  about your post.

Hope to hear from you
Jgm

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 03 February 23 11:38 GMT (UK) »

Related thread on Canada board......

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=869910.new#new

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada