Author Topic: Richard Detheridge birth record?  (Read 961 times)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Detheridge birth record?
« on: Tuesday 29 August 17 12:23 BST (UK) »
According to his burial record Richard Detheridge, age: 86 (1728) Burial Date: 28 Aug 1814 St Martin, abode Park St. Birmingham.

How accurate his age was is unclear but I think he first married Mary Smith 10 Sep 1758 Halesowen, Worcestershire.
Children Baptised Halesowen: Sarah 22 Mar 1761 & Rosanna 14 May 1763. Did they then move to Birmingham?

Mary died in Birmingham in 1776, Richard remarried and I have all of the subsequent information but the birth record still eludes me, however I have a suspicion that he was born in Worcestershire where the name Detheridge and its many variations is strong.

Can anyone help?

Regards
Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Detheridge birth record?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 September 17 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
Only Baptism I can see is at Upton on Severn 18.10.1719 to Benjamin and Elizabeth  Detheridge.

I know it is really early.
There is a Will for a Richard Detheridge of Upton on Severn 1753 which may help at Worcester.
Sorry
Ciderdrinker

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Detheridge birth record?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 September 17 13:47 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your reply. I think that might be a little given some of the later information.
Some of the very early records at Halesowen, plus his marriage there lead me to believe he was more likely born in that area or Dudley where the name is prominent but you never know...........

Regards
Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.