Author Topic: Tommy Thompson in Streetly  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Olive M

• RootsChat Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
Tommy Thompson in Streetly
« on: Thursday 31 August 17 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
An elderly friend has asked for my help to find this person. She doesn't know much but I'm hoping someone can suggest a way to fill in some of the blanks. I'll tell you what she has told me.

Tommy may be short for Thomas or may be a nickname.
His surname was Thom(p)son.
He was probably born 1900-1910.
In the late 1940's he was in Walsall.
In the late 1950's and early 60's he lived in the Thornhill Park area of Streetly, Sutton Coldfield (possibly in a bungalow).
In 1992 she was told that he had passed away but not where or when.

As you can see the information is very vague. The only thing she is certain about is his residence in the 50's. I'd love to receive any suggestions that might help to unravel this mystery.
Thanks
Areas Wickhambrook, Cowlinge, Chevington, Woolpit, Elmswell, Wetherden, Stansfield
Names King, Prigg, Osborn, Ransome, Metcalf, Alexander, Burrows, Moyer, Rutter, Simpkin, Balls

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Thompson in Streetly
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 August 17 11:07 BST (UK) »
The only clear record I can find for a Thomas Thompson born 14 Feb 1908. Death: Jun 1992 - Nuneaton and Bedworth, Warwickshire.

The only birth registration I can find for quarter one 1908 is Lichfield. but no 1911 census for that person, the only 1911 census was for a Thomas born West Bromwich, his parents were both born in Shropshire.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Olive M

• RootsChat Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 August 17 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin
Thanks for the information. I'll pass it on to my friend.
Regards
Olive
Areas Wickhambrook, Cowlinge, Chevington, Woolpit, Elmswell, Wetherden, Stansfield
Names King, Prigg, Osborn, Ransome, Metcalf, Alexander, Burrows, Moyer, Rutter, Simpkin, Balls

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 31 August 17 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Olive,

Does your friend know who Tommy was married to?

JJ

Offline Olive M

• RootsChat Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 31 August 17 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi JJ
I question I asked her myself! She isn't aware of him being married or having children.
O

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 31 August 17 11:56 BST (UK) »
The reason I asked is that the Thomas who died in 1992 was married to an Isabella.

JJ

Offline Olive M

• RootsChat Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 31 August 17 12:10 BST (UK) »
The name doesn't ring any bells with her. Doesn't mean it's wrong though. The last time she had contact with him was in the 50's so anything is possible.