Author Topic: Susan Farrell, Sallynoggin, Co. Dublin  (Read 1624 times)

Offline ourgang

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Susan Farrell, Sallynoggin, Co. Dublin
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 January 20 17:24 GMT (UK) »
I am going to follow the lead that ciderdrinker gave about the birth of Mary Farrell this gives the possible birthplace as Ferns and there was talk way back in my mother's family of relations in Ferns. I always assumed these relations were related to the Jordan side of the family (my grandfather) but it could be the Farrell side! I know I should have started this research when all my relations were alive!! that is the big lecture I give people ha ha
McGuirk, Jordan of Wicklow
Carr of Liverpool
Connor of Blackrock

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 January 20 17:26 GMT (UK) »
The parish registers may be the only way to find Susan's family
https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0568
assuming they were from Wicklow and not from Dublin.
Worth looking for her baptism at any rate.

Edited to fix county, I'm always making that mistake.

Offline ourgang

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 January 20 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sinann. This renewed activity will lead me to dusting off my records and restarting. Thank you for your help.
Carr of Liverpool
Connor of Blackrock

Offline reigns1989

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 04 January 20 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Christopher Carr's daughter, Kate Carr is my 2nd great grandmother.  I see James was her brother?  Which of the siblings are you related too?

Kate had three children in Loughlinstown Workhouse, before marrying a John Butler.  William Alfred Carr was one of the children born in the Workhouse, and is my great grandfather.

There is no trace of the fathers of the three born in the workhouse, and i'm not sure there is really any way to find out who they were.

I do have more information on Christopher's family going back to the 1600's.  Let me know if you want this as i'm happy to share it all with you!

Thanks,

Offline ourgang

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 January 20 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello reigns 1989,

Delighted to have made contact with you. Mary Ellen Carr (Christopher's daughter)was my grandmother. By all accounts Kate your 2nd gt grandmother was a remarkable woman and loved by all the family. I have a huge amount of research in various places (must dust it off and collate) but, have never managed to trace William Carr's family and it would be great to maybe correspond by PM on the background to the Carr family.
Carr of Liverpool
Connor of Blackrock

Offline JamieM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 28 May 21 18:49 BST (UK) »
Hi!

My name is Jamie and Kate Carr was my Great Granmother. Her daughter Susan is my own grandmother. I am so interested in the material you have all listed above and I would love to know more about this wonderful woman. I know she gave birth to four children at Loughlinstown Workhouse between 1901 and 1912. James who was born in 1905 only survived a few weeks and is buried in Dean's Grange Cemetery.

Is there any information as to the identity of the father of these children? Hoping to her from you all...
Jamie