Author Topic: Eliza Jane Woolley  (Read 7010 times)

Offline Allison Terry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eliza Jane Woolley
« on: Saturday 09 September 17 00:55 BST (UK) »
I am researching Eliza Jane Woolley born 14 November 1874. Her parents were William Phillip Woolley and Eliza Woolley (born Theabold). Eliza had a family with Charles Richards. There children were Ruby Ellen Richards b. 1888 Burwood she married Leslie George Speechley 1917. Percy James Richards b. 1891 Burwood he married Margaret Shaw 1920. Arthur Alfred (Alfred Arthur) Richards b. 28th October 1895. There were twins Rosamond and Richard b. 1897 d. 1897. Dorothy Elsie Florence Richards b. 1902 d. 1923. Llewellyn Charles Richards b. 14th July 1900 married Esther Lawrence 1920. Eliza Jane Woolley death record is Jane Richards , she is buried at Enfield St Thomas, she died in 1904 age 30 years. I haven't been able to find a marriage record for Eliza Woolley and Charles Richards, I am thinking they may never have married.
There is another Eliza Jane Woolley that I have found to be born in 1874 as well with the same parents. This Eliza married Daniel Joseph James in 1892 Burwood. Eliza Jane James died 14th July 1932 and the parents are William and Eliza. Death notice for Eliza James says late of Mascot.
It is confusing that there are two women with the same name and the same parents. If anyone else is researching this family and knows what the connection could be. It is possible that one of these ladies is a relative that has been reared with the same family and this is why the same parents are listed for both.
I look forward to a reply.
Kind Regards
Allison Terry

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Jane Woolley
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 September 17 01:09 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Alison

Are you referring to Burwood and Mascot, Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Jamjar

Added: Yes, I have answered my own question.  ;D

2986/1892 JAMES Daniel J WOOLLEY Eliza J BURWOOD

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Allison Terry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 September 17 01:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply. Yes I am referring to Burwood and Mascot in Sydney.
Kind regards
Allison Terry

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 September 17 01:22 BST (UK) »
Where have you found the following?

There is another Eliza Jane Woolley that I have found to be born in 1874 as well with the same parents.

I see:

2800/1874 WOOLLEY Eliza Jane WILLIAM PHILIP and ELIZA SYDNEY

5846/1876 WOOLLEY Eliza Jane JOHN and MARY ANN WATERLOO

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 September 17 01:51 BST (UK) »
A death notice for a son of William and Eliza at WATERLOO:

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article13239525

On the 20th instant, at his parents' residence, Bullanaming street, Waterloo, WILLIAM ERNEST, the well-beloved and only surviving son of WILLIAM and ELIZA B. WOOLLEY, aged 2 years and 2 months.

Jamjar

Offline Allison Terry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 09 September 17 02:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamjar,
Eliza Jane James (born Woolley) died 14th July 1932 and is buried at Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park Matriville and so is her husband Daniel Joseph James. The burial record states she was age 57 years so she was possibly born about 1874 or 1875. All of the family history research for Eliza Jane Woolley refers to Eliza Jane Woolley that married Daniel Joseph James at Burwood in 1892 and all the information says she is the daughter of William Phillip Woolley and Eliza Theabold.
I have researched Eliza Jane Woolley that was with Charles Henry Richards and on her death records found on the Australian Cemeteries Index it states that her parents were in fact William P Woolley and Eliza Theabold district BURWOOD. I want to prove that Eliza jane James is from the same family but not the daughter of William Phillip and Eliza, but it states  on the death record that Eliza Jane James parents are William and Eliza district REDFERN.

When Eliza Jane Woolley died her death record says Jane Richards. On her headstone it has RICHARDS at the top with her name ELIZA JANE WOOLLEY 14-11-1874 - 30-12-1904 underneath followed by her husband Charles Henry Richards 18-5-1867 - 11-4-1949 (CREM)  and the twins BABY 10-11-1897 and  ROSAMOND 8 to 10-12-1897 and Dorothy E.F 21-12-1902 - 20-3-1923.
I would appreciate any information to help solve this puzzle.
Kind regards
Allison Terry

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 09 September 17 02:23 BST (UK) »
Here is a death to John and Mary WOOLLEY also at WATERLOO.

3382/1879 WOOLLEY EDITH M JOHN and MARY A WATERLOO

It is possible that William P and John were brothers, or at least related.

Jamjar

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 09 September 17 02:42 BST (UK) »
Sands 1877 Sydney directory
William WOOLLEY, gardener, Ross Street, Glebe
William WOOLLEY, Botany Street, Waterloo.

Sands 1873 Sydney directory
William WOOLLEY, grocer, Botany Street WATERLOO

Sands 1871 Sydney directory
W WOOLLEY, gardener, Junction St, Glebe
W WOOLLEY, grocer, Bullanaming S Waterloo

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/learn/search-our-collections/sands-directory  free to search, wonderful resource.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 09 September 17 02:47 BST (UK) »
When Eliza Jane Woolley died her death record says Jane Richards. On her headstone it has RICHARDS at the top with her name ELIZA JANE WOOLLEY 14-11-1874 - 30-12-1904 ....

NSW BDM online feature allows you to determine date of the event being registered.  So for the 1874 birth ....
WOOLLEY  Eliza Jane .... # 2800 registered Sydney BDM with parents as William Philip and Eliza I assure you that the deduced dob is  14 November 1874.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.