Author Topic: Mullahy / Mulcahy  (Read 2025 times)

Offline lisa23

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mullahy / Mulcahy
« on: Monday 11 September 17 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi. I am researching Ellen Mullahy / Mulcahy b. 1835 in Galway Ireland. She came out to Tasmania, Australia as a convict in 1852. She is the daughter of James and Mary. Her siblings were  Thomas, John, Martin, Mary, Bridget and Catherine. I am having trouble finding anything on her parents and siblings. Any help would be appreciated on this family. I have all the details of Ellen but was trying to get more details from the Galway search. Thanks. Lisa
Hodgson, Sorlie, Millett, Knight, Brown, Smith, Callagan, Rudd, Severn, Braxton, O’Dell, Purcell, Gorman, Finn, Larkings, Larkins, Coleman, Bernhard

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mullahy / Mulcahy
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 September 17 20:02 BST (UK) »
Lisa on www.nationalarchives.ie Griffiths Valuation records there are records showing for possible siblings of Ellen i.e Martin Mullahy Parish of Kilbennan Galway 1855 2 records - Thomas Mullahy Parish Kilconla Galway 1855 1 record.
The above may not be around by the 1901 census available on above site.  You could search on www.irishgenealogy.ie Civil records for Marriages/Deaths for Mullahys.  Civil reg wasnt introduced in Ireland until 1864.
If you can establish a Parish location for Mullahys the Roman Catholic Church records are online www.registers.nli.ie
In the 1901 Census Townland of URRACLY (same townland for Thomas Mullahy in Griffiths) there is a Mullahy family DED is FOXHALL Galway may be family you are researching

Offline lisa23

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 September 17 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Ballydw
Thank you for this information. It will give me something to work with.
Lisa
Hodgson, Sorlie, Millett, Knight, Brown, Smith, Callagan, Rudd, Severn, Braxton, O’Dell, Purcell, Gorman, Finn, Larkings, Larkins, Coleman, Bernhard

Offline Maisiemoo123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 12:55 GMT (UK) »
My Great grandfather was a Thomas Mullahy - born Galway 1807 (dob 1878) - he is buried in Kilconly parish graveyard - my Grandfather and father are buried in the same spot - Main Section Plot No 82 -
 photo available - 'www.irishgraveyards.ie/plot.php?plotno=82&yardid=127?&section=Main' -he could be the sibling of Ellen you were looking for - she travelled on the John William Dare to Tasmania(1852)? - I have been unable to any further details on her after that.
Hope this helps.
Maisiemoo123

Offline lisa23

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 06:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maisiemoo
I have a lot of info on my Ellen Mullahy (Mulcahy) once she came to Tasmania but none prior except her parents and siblings names. There is a big gap between Thomas and Ellen’s birth year. 1807 - 1835. Not impossible though. Do you know if Thomas’s parents were James and Mary? Or have you found connections to the other siblings. I have been trying to find info but cannot as yet confirm any connections.
Regards
Lisa

Offline Maisiemoo123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 01 March 18 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa 23,
Afraid I don't have any further information on the parents. I think my Great Great Grandfather's name may have been Thaddeus/Thomas but not confirmed. Do you know if Ellen was of the Kilconla/Kilconly Mullahy's?
A few other snippets of information which may be of help to you -
record of both a Bridget(23) and a Mary(24) Mullahy having sailed Liverpool to New York on 4th Feb 1851 on 'Roscius' -
also record of a Thomas Mullahy (1816-1879) in Galway 'Petty Sessions Court Registers 1828-1912'
Regards,
Maisiemoo123

Offline Turningoverleaves

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 January 23 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have recently come to find that Thomas and Margaret Mullahy are my third great grandparents, I would absolutely love if you could help with any family information please? My mum didnt know her father and after doing a dna test i have come to find he was one of Thomas Mullahy and Mary Hardimans children, James Anthony Mullahy.