Author Topic: Kings Shropshie Light Infantry use of french translators WW1 & WW2  (Read 2288 times)

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Shropshie Light Infantry use of french translators WW1 & WW2
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 April 18 17:38 BST (UK) »
And did he marry in 1941 (you said you had info up to 1955).  It seems a bit odd that your Lucien was born in 1919 with a father Percy and there is another Lucien born 1917 also father Percy.

It may be that Solarsal could comment?

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline Wbullock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 20:25 BST (UK) »
He married in 1941 to a Eva Mary Higgins...I had a lady who said she had a friend that was also looking for the same lucien sent me information about 2yrs ago...she was the daughter off Eva Mary Higgins.....my father who is the son off Lucien was born in 1946  his mother was  mavis cox

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 09:01 BST (UK) »
Looking back at Solarsal's posts I would say that the both Lucien's are the same person and that the difference in dates of birth is simply one of those errors that appears over the years.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 09:35 BST (UK) »
Don't want to take this off topic, but can anyone supply any general info about the American Forces use of interpreters in Europe during WWll ?

My parents had come to Britain as children, and were employed by the US army in Switzerland (I think,) as interpreters, the British forces having rejected them as "aliens".
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.