Author Topic: Can anyone read this occupation please, from the 1939  (Read 22554 times)

Offline Kevin Jolly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone read this occupation please, from the 1939
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 24 March 18 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all who have replied. Please let Maiden Stone know that I'm not interested in thread counts.
I live in Adelaide, South Australia, and I read French News every day because I have a PhD in French history and I like to stay in touch. I chanced upon an unrelated link (rootschat) in which Lydart was trying to decipher a strange word in her ancestor's job description. When Lydart finished her -whatever it is you call it- she was satisfied with an explanation - deciphering- that was clearly incorrect. I simply tried to help.

I'm not interested in your larger conversation. I just tried to help someone with a translation problem. Maiden Stone seems to have not appreciated what I was trying to do. I have no interest in whatever Maiden Stone is doing and Maiden Stone has certainly not inspired me to take an interest. Best wishes to all of you.

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all who have replied. Please let Maiden Stone know that I'm not interested in thread counts.
I live in Adelaide, South Australia, and I read French News every day because I have a PhD in French history and I like to stay in touch. I chanced upon an unrelated link (rootschat) in which Lydart was trying to decipher a strange word in her ancestor's job description. When Lydart finished her -whatever it is you call it- she was satisfied with an explanation - deciphering- that was clearly incorrect. I simply tried to help.

I'm not interested in your larger conversation. I just tried to help someone with a translation problem. Maiden Stone seems to have not appreciated what I was trying to do. I have no interest in whatever Maiden Stone is doing and Maiden Stone has certainly not inspired me to take an interest. Best wishes to all of you.

You misunderstand Maiden Stone's attempt to help you make contact with Lydart. To be able to use the private message system, you need to have made at least three posts in a relevant forum. MS was letting you know that posts in this "Off Topic" forum don't count towards that total.

I will  PM Lydart for you and let her know that you are trying to make contact.

Best wishes

Mike

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 24 March 18 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Have sent Lydart a PM regarding Kevin Jolly's post.

That's sensible. Why didn't I think of that? Because I'm not sensible? This is not the sensible board.  ;D

Thank-you,  Mike for explaining my attempts at explanation.  :)
A couple of months ago I helped a newcomer by explaining how to use the personal message system. The person had made several posts trying to attract the attention of another poster, to no avail.

Moderator comment: topics merged.
Cowban