Author Topic: Maggie Cameron - Noble - Smith (Toronto and area)  (Read 13850 times)

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie Cameron - Noble - Smith (Toronto and area)
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 11:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you larkspur and bbart.

I am still researching the Cameron side to see if I can find a direct DNA link there, but I did find another strong Cant DNA link, again in Oregon. Larkspur, I'll definitely be in touch about Margaret Cant, 1866.

This is a heavy work week (including upcoming weekend), but my cousin and I are planning a trip after (Canadian) Thanksgiving, to the cemetery together, and to see the houses our mom/dad, grandparents and great grandparents lived.

After I've finished that, I'll have to see if I can figure out my grandma's birth dad. That may be a real long shot.

This has been amazing. Thanks to you all!  :D
Swinbourne, Hunt, Maxwell, Taylor, Williamson, Burt, Cant, Cameron, Leavesly, Cooper, Rankine, Taylor, Anderson

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 03:22 BST (UK) »
My mom took this photo for me, of the newspaper clipping of when my grandmother was reunited with her brother, and other brother there too.

These are all 3 of Maggie’s children born in Toronto
Swinbourne, Hunt, Maxwell, Taylor, Williamson, Burt, Cant, Cameron, Leavesly, Cooper, Rankine, Taylor, Anderson

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 17:28 GMT (UK) »
"I am still researching the Cameron side to see if I can find a direct DNA link there, but I did find another strong Cant DNA link, again in Oregon. Larkspur, I'll definitely be in touch about Margaret Cant, 1866."
If you would like to send me a PM, with the DNA Cant links, I can check my tree and look - see if they are there. ;) My gt gt grandmother -yet another Margaret Cant. Had a sister Mary- her of the many illegitimate children...one of her sons went to Oregon.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Thursday 07 December 17 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks!  I can email PM you soon with the info I have on the DNA Cant links. At least one is the Oregon branch.

Work has been so busy, I can't wait for holiday time to start.

"I am still researching the Cameron side to see if I can find a direct DNA link there, but I did find another strong Cant DNA link, again in Oregon. Larkspur, I'll definitely be in touch about Margaret Cant, 1866."
If you would like to send me a PM, with the DNA Cant links, I can check my tree and look - see if they are there. ;) My gt gt grandmother -yet another Margaret Cant. Had a sister Mary- her of the many illegitimate children...one of her sons went to Oregon.