Author Topic: Ewen/Ewan/Even McKay or Mackay MI  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Fordyce

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ewen/Ewan/Even McKay or Mackay MI
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 September 17 23:35 BST (UK) »
Forfarian, the thread is in the archives for SCT-Banffshire Rootsweb board for April 2016.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 25 September 17 04:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Fordyce. Got it now and added it to the list, with consequent alterations of earlier messages highlighted in a different colour. It didn't occur to me to search using McCay, and for some reason searching with McKay and with Jo's e-mail address did not turn it up as it should have done.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Fogmoose

• RootsChat Senior
  • For many hours and days that pass ever soon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 October 17 01:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Fordyce. Got it now and added it to the list, with consequent alterations of earlier messages highlighted in a different colour. It didn't occur to me to search using McCay, and for some reason searching with McKay and with Jo's e-mail address did not turn it up as it should have done.

I am not going to bother searching through all those old threads, but just for anyone who is interested I have MCKAYs in my line, from Foveran, and I have found the family listed as MACKIE in various places....just to make things more interesting !
Jaffray, Morrison - Monquhitter
Bird or Burd, Ironside - Methlick
Young - Aberdeen, Banffshire
Reid, Milne - Kincardineshire
Sanderson, Marshall, Marr - Foveran
Black, Ross - Rathven
Searle or Seale, Steel(e), Forbes, Adams- Aberdeen
Hutche(s)on, Keith, Greig, Fowlie - Cuminestown, New Deer, Monquhitter, Methlick