Author Topic: James McLaughlin  (Read 9212 times)

Offline McLAUGHLIN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James McLaughlin
« Reply #63 on: Friday 26 October 18 22:25 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, I do not have any photos.  After mum died, my dad stayed on in the house for a while but eventually moved to Wales.  Everything in the house was packed up and taken with him and I was moving around a lot with Phil (my husband) because he was in the army so wasn't really there.  However, I do remember coming across some postcards from Jim to Mabel from France during the war.  I also remember that my grandad had great difficulty in breathing and mum told me that he only had one lung because he had been gassed.  He had a funny looking pump which he would use when he couldn't get his breath, probably the equivalent of an inhaler today.  Mind you, he still smoked like a chimney!!  I am 99% certain that he was not buried in Kent.  I seem to remember that his funeral was in Wales and it is more likely that he would have been cremated. Although I cannot say for sure, it may be that mum brought his ashes back to Kent and put them with my nan's.  She was cremated at Medway crematorium.

I’ve got a few photos I wouldn’t mind sharing if you gave me your email address, also mum & dad tell me they went to your wedding. Would you have any pics of them on the day? My email address(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php