Author Topic: Allan Neill and Jane Ann Rodgers Bruce  (Read 1128 times)

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Allan Neill and Jane Ann Rodgers Bruce
« on: Sunday 24 September 17 09:34 BST (UK) »
They married in 1949 in Lasswade
Allan Neill  31   Plumber (Divorced) of 11 Saughree, Rosewell - parents Allan Neill, Coal Miner and Agnes Neill MS (i.e.maiden name) Houston

Jane Ann Rodgers Bruce   26    Housekeeper    (spinster) - parents James Bruce, Gamekeeper (retired) and Elizabeth Lawson Bruce MS Walker (deceased). I am looking for any children they may have had, Allan was married before to a Margaret Milroy. Allan and Margaret had a daughter born in 1942 she was put in a home and was later fostered out the home was in Scotland somewhere and was through the red cross I have traced Margarets family from her new marriage and they didn't kow of the child fostered so was never told, so I am trying to find Allans children from the 2nd marriage in the hope someone knows the story of the baby fostered out she never saw any of her parents again..........
Buckley Loveridge Upton Lee Harris Miller Wilson Foster Burnside Fury

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Allan Neill and Jane Ann Rodgers Bruce
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 September 17 15:39 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any children they may have had

Rootschat has a "no living persons" policy and any children born to a 1949 marriage are probably still alive

Have you looked for possible births on Scotlands People index?  I can see possibilities in Lasswade in 1949 or 1953

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 September 17 15:59 BST (UK) »
Allan Neill  31   Plumber (Divorced) of 11 Saughree, Rosewell - parents Allan Neill, Coal Miner and Agnes Neill MS (i.e.maiden name) Houston

Allan was married before to a Margaret Milroy. Allan and Margaret had a daughter born in 1942 she was put in a home and was later fostered out the home was in Scotland somewhere and was through the red cross
I am trying to find Allans children from the 2nd marriage in the hope someone knows the story of the baby fostered out she never saw any of her parents again..........

Just wondering if the fostered child actually kept their original birth name & surname & did they remain in Scotland or go elsewhere?

Is the fostered child still living?

Have you searched for a marriage on SP for the fostered child (assuming you know their name)?

The parents married in Carrington, Midlothian i.e. likely the child was fostered around that area?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 September 17 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie, it isn't the fostered child that Shushie is trying to find - she is looking on behalf of her. On this thread we tracked down a full blood sister now in America, and Shushie is in touch with her family. She is now trying to track family from her father's second marriage.

See here for full details

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=777813.0
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 September 17 16:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Groom for the link...

I had a 'been there before' thought when I looked at the marriage entry.

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 24 September 17 19:46 BST (UK) »

Allan was married before to a Margaret Milroy. Allan and Margaret had a daughter born in 1942 she was put in a home and was later fostered out the home was in Scotland somewhere and was through the red cross
I am trying to find Allans children from the 2nd marriage in the hope someone knows the story of the baby fostered out she never saw any of her parents again..........

Just wondering if the fostered child actually kept their original birth name & surname & did they remain in Scotland or go elsewhere?

Is the fostered child still living?

Have you searched for a marriage on SP for the fostered child (assuming you know their name)?

The parents married in Carrington, Midlothian i.e. likely the child was fostered around that area?

Annie
The fostered child was born in London her father was in the army or joined the army was or may have been posted to London but the child was taken back to Scotland where I assume her grandparents were for some reason she was left there in a home and later fostered I know who the child is and the foster parents I was hoping to contact any siblings who might know why she was left behind to be fostered in a home yet an older sibling 11 moths older was kept with the mother she has no papers for fostering or adoption just her birth cert she has had since birth so she knows who she is and kept the same name its a very strange case indeed........
Buckley Loveridge Upton Lee Harris Miller Wilson Foster Burnside Fury

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 24 September 17 20:20 BST (UK) »
I have read the link for a recap  ;)

I assume the foster parents are now deceased?

What was their address when the foster child was given over?

It may be worth looking for a local Red Cross/Barnardos home as there may be records if she was indeed in a home?

What about her Medical Records, could there be anything in them?

Annie