Author Topic: Johan Peter Byggdin  (Read 4660 times)

Offline espressoshel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Johan Peter Byggdin
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Amazing to see how much info has been posted on this chat about my grandfather and his family. I'm also trying to go back further and find out more info about Johan Peter's father - Gustav Adolf Jonsson Bygden, born June 24, 1859 in Ytterstfors, Byske, Skelleftea, Vasterbotten, Sweden - specifically, how many siblings Gustav had. My family tree lists a Johan Petter Bygden, born March 24, 1850 in Byske, and I'm now aware of another sibling - a sister, Charlotte Kristina Bygden (born ?, married Karl Gustaf Lundqvist). Were there other siblings too? Am also wondering where the name Bygden originated. I have ancestry info dating back to a Pehr Bygden, born October 24, 1777, and to a Lars Bygden, born August 13, 1775 - both were children of Anders Larsson and Elsa Persdotter (soldier name Svarvare). If Pehr and Lars' parents had followed the patronymic naming system common at that time, their family name would have been Andersson. Wondering what may have prompted the change to Bygden. Thanks.

Offline scooter77

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 11 February 23 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello linsusweden,
My husband is the great grandson of Johan Peter Byggdin, the grandson of Ralph.  We are planning a trip to Sweden this summer and would like to visit Byske.  Do you know if there are any relatives still living in Byske?

Offline linussweden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 18 July 23 00:17 BST (UK) »
I dont know if there is any one of the Byggdin/Bygden family relatives stil living in Byske. There is a Facebook page about Byske; https://www.facebook.com/groups/944509195586836/ Maybe you could try to post there. (Byske- berättelser och bilder från förr och nu) The cousin to John, my fathers grandmother is buried at Byske cemetery together with here husband and my grandmother and two of my grandmothers sisters. Best regards/ Linus in Karlstad, Sweden