Author Topic: John Campbell born at Ardmair 1781 or 1786 I think  (Read 1279 times)

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Campbell born at Ardmair 1781 or 1786 I think
« on: Friday 29 September 17 10:00 BST (UK) »
I know who he married and who his children were, I know he lived at croft no. 16 in Morefield but I know nothing about who his parents were.
Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell born at Ardmair 1781 or 1786 I think
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 September 17 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

I used to live in Coigach and as far as I can remember, the Lochbroom parish records didn't go back much further than 1790. Earlier info was via info rom the National Archives and misc local records.

The Ullapool Museum is a great source  ;)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell born at Ardmair 1781 or 1786 I think
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 September 17 19:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this Gadget.  I was in Ullapool in July and I had one of the volunteers working on my family tree from the beginning of the year.  A fabulous resource to have the museum there.  I live in ChCh. NZ.  I now have aphoto of croft 16, which is of course dilapidated but still in existence without a roof.  I will look at the national archives.  I have used Scotland's people many times. 
Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh