Author Topic: Curzon Family, Wharton, Winsford  (Read 4218 times)

Offline NoreneCawthornReaume

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon Family, Wharton, Winsford
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 October 18 01:03 BST (UK) »
Hello, I would like to hear from some Cheshire Curzon relatives. My 5th Grandmother was born in Over in 1773 and married Owen Boden. I had a fellow write to me from MyHeritage and all he said is "If you can follow Hannah's ancestors you will find interesting information." I know there are some important Curzons from Derbyshire and Penn but can't find too much on our bunch. Please message me if you can help.
Norene  :)

Offline Susan Blackstone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 October 18 10:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, How far have you been able to go back?  My ancestors were Hulse but I have had a look and found a baptism for Hannah Curzon 20/03/1773 parents Richard and Abigail.  There is a marriage of Richard Curzon and Abigail Hickson on 20/05/1766 at Over by licence witnesses Thomas Hale and Joseph Maddock.  This licence was taken out on 20/05/1766.  Richard was a mariner and Abigail's father was Richard Hickson a saltboiler.  There is also a baptism for Richard Curzon 17/03/1771 parents Richard and Abigail.  Hope this helps

Offline NoreneCawthornReaume

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 21 October 18 23:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan
Yes it does help and confirms what I found on Ancestry. I don't always trust information from other trees unless there is good proof. Now I hope I can link them to other Curzons further back. I'm going to write the fellow who messaged me and beg for answers.   :D
I'm on Ancestry under Norene Cawthorn Reaume.
Talk soon,
Norene

Offline smowabp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 September 19 04:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,
It has been some time since I have been on Roots Chat. Recently I have been chasing down a few brick walls, one of which namely a William Curzon, father to Horatio Curzon & GGF to one John Meir Curzon (my 2nd G Grand Uncle). I have William Curzon marrying Jane Manly 25 Nov 1830, St. Margaret's, Wolstanton, Staffordshire. England, which contradicts that which is shown on a Ancestry tree. I would like if possible clarification of that marriage of William & Elizabeth. William was a China Painter. I am willing to share what information I have.
I am trying, without success to see if there is a link to the Curzons of Keddleston Hall.

Regards,

Paul Webb (Aus) (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 11 October 19 21:22 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm very sorry for the delayed reply! I didn't realise i had any messages! If anyone is searching for Curzons and might think we have the same links, please message me so i get an email notification! :)

I've not looked into the Curzon family on Ancestry for a while but my Great Nana Such has a photo album, she lived till she was 100 years old and now i have the box of photos, with John Curzon being one of them and maybe more? (no names on the back of the photos though), it's really interesting, some of the photos look really old!!

Good luck :)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 11 October 19 23:09 BST (UK) »
The photo was taken after 1902 as that was when the divided back postcards were introduced in the U.K. It also says "12/6 (price) Bronze, as per copy" and signed T. Davies....which would have been written and signed by the photographer.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU