Author Topic: Cutts family from Nottinghamshire  (Read 12138 times)

Offline winto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cutts family from Nottinghamshire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 November 04 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi again

There was a large amounts of Cutts from the whole of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. The ones I'm related to definitely originated from Kersall/Kneesall /Wellow.

However, at a later time my branch seems to be concentrated in Derby itself. I'll try emailing your conact as I said in the other email

Thanks for that
winto
Worsnop, Cutts, Mullins

Offline alan cutts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 November 04 06:45 GMT (UK) »
Winto g'day
have you found your william yet, i have one of mine from 1774 of Clarborough then
on to worksop who married a mary, there are williams in the line all the way up to
the 1900's
let me know if you need a look

Alan Cutts

Offline winto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 November 04 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for everyone's help. I have so far managed to get back to 1731 (I think!), or thereabouts anyway.

Bluebell, my William is brother to your Joseph Cutts and Sarah Fox m 1814.
William Cutts b2.8.1795 d5.11.1860 married Mary Knight of Caunton, Notts 13.6.1822

I have posted a run down of my line on the ENG-Derbyshire mailing list tonight. And yes,William is such a common name! It makes it so frustrating!

Thanks again for your help
Angie
Worsnop, Cutts, Mullins

Offline suziet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 05 February 05 21:49 GMT (UK) »
George Wintringham Cutts m Ellen Birkett both born
East Retford.  Ellen is my gt grandmothers sister!.  He Was George Cutts b 1823 West Retford son of Joseph and Sarah (nee Fox) of Wellow.

Sue
Jenkinson (Bawtry, Austerfield,Retford)
Birkett (Retford, Tuxford)
Cutts (Retford, Sussex)
Waterworth (slaidburn, Bootle)
Wolfenden (slaidburn, Bootle)
Bennett (Bawtry)
Boon (Bawtry & Pontefract)
Hancock(Bawtry)
Golland (Retford)
Shirley (Birmingham)
Holmes (Birmingham)

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 February 05 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
My Cutts line is

Euphemia Cutts b. 1805 Papplewick, Notts
m. 1834 Oxton, Notts to Jarvis Gibson
Euphemia's parents are

John Cutts b. abt  1767 (ish)(when married says of Newstead)
m. Elizabeth Saxton of Pleasley 1792.
have children of this marriage but then

BIG BRICK WALL!
All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 19 June 22 12:31 BST (UK) »

Hi again Winto,
                         Are you sure your Cutts family "in Kersall" does'nt read  at, there is a large Cutts contingency in Inkersall/Staveley/Bolsover area in Derbyshire, I am sending you a contact privately,{if I can find out} how, who has lots about the Cutts family.

Omskirk

Hi Omskirk,

I was searching for something else and this above thread came up.

In brief ! My mother was born in Duckmanton Iron Works farm 1908, Her dad my granddad named Herbert Tidmarsh a farm labourer (his mother was Mary Cutts b 1844 from Bolsover), he married in Brimmington Church 1901 and worked Inkersall farm that year, by my mums elder sisters birth certificate, she was born also at Duckmanton iron works farm also in 1902 . Mary Cutts above married Samuel Tidmarsh in 1867 Wales Village (Not country Wales) near Rotherham in 1867. Granddad Herbert was baptized as Tidmarsh in Wales church 1868. but Granddad Herbert was born illegitimately to Mary Cutt(s) in 1866 as Herbert Cutt in 1866 in Bolsover and  took his mother Mary's husbands surname Tidmarsh.  By 1911c Herbert (Now) Tidmarsh moved to Carvale below Bolsover and by 1912 (another of mums sister birth cert) was living Shuttlewood and later moved to Clowne where Herbert spent the rest of his life till his death 1957
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth