Author Topic: Albert James Smith  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Diana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Albert James Smith
« on: Saturday 07 October 17 11:26 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
I wondered if anyone could do a look up for me please I am really struggling.
Albert James Smith dob approx. 1870-1874.
His Father was a Charles Smith, do not know Mothers name, nor his first wife's name
 Charles  had died by 29 April 1913 OCC listed as Road Inspector when Albert re-married. Albert's address on his second marriage cert  is 34 Dorian Road Merton London 
Other address I have for Albert are: 5 Jan 1914
34 Chestnut Road Merton
1 March 1915
349 Kingston Road Merton
I know it is a tall order, I have so far sent  for 4 birth certs for Albert and they are all wrong as are the 2 marriage certs I have.
Di

Fulkes/Fulks/Fulke. Yates, Ashton,Gamage, Jefkins,Lowen, Pooley,Colcock, Bellchambers, all London, Surrey, Sussex Middlesex
Jones, Reece, Granger, Treherne, Worrall Ward, Weeks, Morrey,Thomas, Owen, Dorsett, Hinton all started out in Shropshire

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Albert James Smith
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 October 17 11:32 BST (UK) »
Have you found Albert on the 1939 register. 

Who did he marry the 2nd time - where and when

Where /when did he die

ADDED What was his occupation
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 October 17 11:45 BST (UK) »
How certain are you of his DOB?  There is this baptism

Albert James Smith
Baptism :   7 Nov 1868
Regents Park St Mark, Camden, England
Father:   Charles Smith
Mother:   Elizabeth Smith

Born 14th June 1868. Address Railway Cottages and father at that time was an engine driver.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Diana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Groom,
Thanks for the info. I have spoken to Alison when I told her that someone called Groom had replied she  told me that the surname groom was also in the family ??
Di
Fulkes/Fulks/Fulke. Yates, Ashton,Gamage, Jefkins,Lowen, Pooley,Colcock, Bellchambers, all London, Surrey, Sussex Middlesex
Jones, Reece, Granger, Treherne, Worrall Ward, Weeks, Morrey,Thomas, Owen, Dorsett, Hinton all started out in Shropshire

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Groom,
Thanks for the info. I have spoken to Alison when I told her that someone called Groom had replied she  told me that the surname groom was also in the family ??
Di

Interesting. My Grooms come from Tunstall in Suffolk. After her husband, William Groom, died my great x 2 grandmother moved back to South London with her 4 daughters, my great grandmother was the youngest.

Offline Diana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 October 17 10:28 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Albert James Smith was married twice, Alison  does not know who his first wife was , his second wife was Emily Amelia Groom. They married 32 spinster 29 April 1913 Croydon
They had 2 children Ellen Florence  born and died 1914 Merton Then there was Frank ( Alisons Grandfather born 1915 Merton.
Emily's parents were Frank groom and Amelia 

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 October 17 10:56 BST (UK) »
Are you sure you have the right Emily A Groom?

The Emily Groom from Croydon appears to be Emily Alice Groom baptised 7 Jun 1874 at Christ Church, West Croydon, Surrey. Father George Groom and mother Sarah Jane.

Emily Amelia Groom was baptised 5 Dec 1880 at Newington All Souls, Southwark. Father Frank Groom and mother Amelia Elizabeth.

Offline Diana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 12 October 17 11:04 BST (UK) »
Hi,
The info I have relayed is the info that Alison has given to me, She has said that she has the info via certs on her.
Di

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 12 October 17 11:21 BST (UK) »
Strangely my Grooms ended up in Croydon, but I can't see any connection at the moment, apart from the name Emily.

My great grandmother was Julia Maria Groom born 15 Dec 1846 in Poplar Middlesex, but baptised 14 Nov 1847 in Tunstall, Suffolk. The family returned there, presumably when her father became ill with Consumption. He died in July 1847. By 1861 Julia's mother and 3 sisters were in Croydon but in that census Julia was with  her grandmother in Tunstall. Julia was in Croydon by 1869 when she married James Hayward, they called their 6th child (my grandmother) Emily.