Author Topic: Burrowes poss without the e marries Smith / Smyth  (Read 965 times)

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burrowes poss without the e marries Smith / Smyth
« on: Saturday 07 October 17 11:40 BST (UK) »
I am looking to trace the family of a Judith Smyth or Smith she was born 1610 in Morville, Shropshire and I understand was buried at St Leonards in Bridgnorth in 1664, she marries a William Burrowe's maybe Burrows who was born in Dudley in 1603, I am aware of the Smythe's from Acton Burnell is it possible she married one on these Smith or Smyth's she also seems to have married a William Baillie, I am drawn towards Robert Smith 1583-1622 and his wife Agnes Payne 1579-1622 but cannot get past these 2 people a lot of incorrect info out there, any assistance or directional guidance appreciated..

Jib

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Burrowes poss without the e marries Smith / Smyth
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 October 17 13:09 BST (UK) »
Hi
The Judith Smith /William Burrowes marriage is at Dudley 13.11.1631.
And the baptism at Morville would be earlier than you have 3.7.1603 daughter of Robert Smith.

All well and good but the other marriage 4.2.1634 at Bridgnorth st Mary to William Baylie is also as Judith Smith.
Her burial is as Bayly 16.2.1663 Bridgnorth St Leonard.

So if you're sure she's from Morville then Robert and Agnes looks good.

Ciderdrinker

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 11:35 BST (UK) »
thanks for that, I had thought that she married Bailie ist but from this info and the fact that she is buried as Bailie then I was wrong, so onwards and upwards as they say... as a ciderdrinker ? do you remember or did you frequent the cider house at Quatt ??

jibhauler

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 October 17 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hi
I remember the Cider house at Quatt of course.Not my local though.
Do you remember when there used to be lots of Gibbs Mews pubs around with Inches Cornish farmhouse cider?
I used to got to Willenhalll,Gibbs Mews pub next to the Lockmakers House,the Three Tuns free house round the corner and the Falcon further on .All different ciders and the then the Pork sandwich shop on the way back to the bus stop home.
Two out of three have gone now and the Lockmakers House is museum only open by  prior appointment thanks to Government cuts.(And it's not as though you don't have to pay).

Not all change is good .Though the Wetherspoon vouchers from Camra are one step in the right direction.

Ciderdrinker