Author Topic: Is this too spotty to colour?  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is this too spotty to colour?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 07:40 BST (UK) »
Ah stsearcher thank you, that is so lovely and you went to a lot of trouble cleaning it up as well, it must have taken ages, I should have done that before I posted it, l guess that does answer my original question, clean it up first if you can. I hope you didn't tire your eyes out.

I can see I'm going to spend a lot of time just looking at these, think I'm going to need to show them to someone in the family to help decide which feels most like their personalities. (Hope that makes sense.)

This is the nicest thing to wake up to on a dark wet miserable morning, Thank you.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 07:54 BST (UK) »
Japeflakes, thank you, little details like that can make all the difference to us even though they don't really matter, human nature I guess.
Must drag my self away now and start the breakfast.

Offline stsearcher

• RootsChat Extra
  • Always happy to help with research and photos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 10:14 BST (UK) »
No problem with the cleanup, it is just part of the process and I don't mind doing it most of the time. It gives me a chance to practice new skills.
Yes choosing the  one that "feels most like their personalities" makes complete sense. I think that is why we all post our own versions even when there are wonderful options already put forward. More options are always good.

Enjoy.
CORNWALL, ENION and lots more

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 11:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Sinann...One from me too.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 11:21 BST (UK) »
One with a slight tint and a frame for your lovely collection.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 11:47 BST (UK) »
Treetotal your spoiling me now, thank you these are lovely.

My connection keeps flicking on and off at the moment so just getting a quick look before it goes again.
They are up grading our area.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 11:51 BST (UK) »
My pleasure...you give so much help to those of us with Irish connections, so it's nice to be able to give something back  :D
Carol

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 15:10 BST (UK) »
My pleasure...you give so much help to those of us with Irish connections, so it's nice to be able to give something back  :D
Carol
:) :) Thank you.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 06 November 17 15:45 GMT (UK) »
I downloaded all your versions, got them all the same size and then cloned different parts from each to make a couple of more versions, played around with light etc. did a good bit of cleaning up and finally made myself print a couple or I'd have never finished 'improving' it.
Got a frame today and made my choice so I wanted you guys and gals to see it in the frame.
Not easy to photograph with the glass catching reflections as you know.
The birthday isn't until January so it is put away in a safe place for the time being but I'm sure she will love it, I know I do.
Thanks for all the help.