Author Topic: Identify Birthplace Holywell  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Identify Birthplace Holywell
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 12 October 17 14:14 BST (UK) »
Am just catching up with all your replies.. here is the birth certificate. Will read through the rest and get back to you.
thanks.
Searle, Searell, Searell, Bradridge, Furneaux, Mann, Palk(e), Webber, Caunter, Cantor, Scoble, Leatherbe(e), Pope , Bowden, Full, Colling, Widecomb. Harvey, Solomon, Willis, Grylls, Alger, Chugg, Rouse, Bunker, Richards, Hawkins. Devon.
Davies, Griffiths, Griffith, Jones, Ellis. Flintshire, Wales.
Robinson, Dennison, Birch, Howard, Barton, Jones, Rigby, Rimmer, Rhymer, Johnson, Marshall, Lunt, Ball, Illingworth, Hesketh, Taylor, Bolton, Abram, Spencer, Blundell. Lancashire.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 12 October 17 14:20 BST (UK) »
Here it is - close to where they were in 1871

http://maps.nls.uk/view/102341044#zoom=5&lat=2481&lon=13025&layers=BT

Gadget

added - nearer to Flint than Holywell but in the Holywell RD.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 12 October 17 14:28 BST (UK) »
You're a wizard gadget! All of you.. I looked in that map source.. ...and near Flint Mill because that was where they were in 1871. So they never moved far, except for Mary. I'll have to find a way to going to see the place now.
Interesting to note that Thomas signed with a cross, but Mary signed her marriage Register.
Searle, Searell, Searell, Bradridge, Furneaux, Mann, Palk(e), Webber, Caunter, Cantor, Scoble, Leatherbe(e), Pope , Bowden, Full, Colling, Widecomb. Harvey, Solomon, Willis, Grylls, Alger, Chugg, Rouse, Bunker, Richards, Hawkins. Devon.
Robinson, Dennison, Birch, Howard, Barton, Jones, Rigby, Rimmer, Rhymer, Johnson, Marshall, Lunt, Ball, Illingworth, Hesketh, Taylor, Bolton, Abram, Spencer, Blundell. Lancashire.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 12 October 17 14:35 BST (UK) »
Yes,great find,Gadget.A different find to mine,but yours clearly corrrect.From adjacent properties(graig fadog) mine might well have actually been Bwlch as previously identified anyway!

Regards
Roger

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 October 17 14:43 BST (UK) »
I thought I was never going to find these Davies.. wonderful.
I've now got two birth certificates that don't match anyone in my family. If you know anyone that would like them, I'd be happy to send them and/or upload a copy. They are for
Mary Davies 22 Mar 1862 Holywell, Mold. Parents David Davies and Sarah formerly Thomas, and
Mary Davies 22 Aug 1862 Holywell Mold. Parents John Davies and Elizabeth Davies formerly Griffiths.

Of course they might turn out to be related later, so I'll keep a copy.

Did any of you notice that the GRO are doing a reduced price (£6) for 3 months on certificates..