Author Topic: How can I contact the person who left a postem on FreeBMD, knowing the IP ?  (Read 3974 times)

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How can I contact the person who left a postem on FreeBMD, knowing the IP ?
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 19 October 17 18:01 BST (UK) »
I found 2 possible deaths Mary Ann PETTY , quarter June 1859 Hackney, and quarter march 1861 Shoreditch.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 19 October 17 18:59 BST (UK) »
Her death would have been registered in her married name - so it would be as Mary Ann Godfrey. Here are a few notes I have put together

Edward Petty of St Bennet Fink in the city of London bachelor married Elizabeth Clemitson (widow) of this parish at St Marylebone on 25 jan 1817 by licence. Witnesses Robert Green, Richard Parkin

Chidren
Susanna bapt 11 Jun 1821
Mary Ann bapt 18 Aug 1823 both St Sepulchre Holborn

Elizabeth's first marriage:
James Clemitson bachelor of Allhallows married Elizabeth Glass spinster otp at St Anne, Limehouse on 27 Aug 1805 by licence
Elizabeth Glass a minor married with consent of Martha Glass a widow and her lawful mother. Witnesses: M Glass, Thomas Law and Elizabeth Hand. Licence says Elizabeth 20 and upward but under 21.
Most likely baptism for Elizabeth Glass bapt 9 Apr 1785 at Bull Lane Independent, Stepney d/o  James and Martha Glass.

James Clemitson buried 1 Jun 1812 age 41 at Allhallows, London Wall.

When Mary Ann married she said her father Edward was a fishmonger. There is a marriage for a Susanna Petty also father Edward (fishmonger) to Mr Harrold
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 19 October 17 19:43 BST (UK) »
Oh yes, of course , silly me. Thank  you so much for what you have found.

Offline meanno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 21:33 GMT (UK) »

Edward Petty of St Bennet Fink in the city of London bachelor married Elizabeth Clemitson (widow) of this parish at St Marylebone on 25 jan 1817 by licence. Witnesses Robert Green, Richard Parkin

Chidren
Susanna bapt 11 Jun 1821
Mary Ann bapt 18 Aug 1823 both St Sepulchre Holborn

Elizabeth's first marriage:
James Clemitson bachelor of Allhallows married Elizabeth Glass spinster otp at St Anne, Limehouse on 27 Aug 1805 by licence
Elizabeth Glass a minor married with consent of Martha Glass a widow and her lawful mother. Witnesses: M Glass, Thomas Law and Elizabeth Hand. Licence says Elizabeth 20 and upward but under 21.
Most likely baptism for Elizabeth Glass bapt 9 Apr 1785 at Bull Lane Independent, Stepney d/o  James and Martha Glass.

James Clemitson buried 1 Jun 1812 age 41 at Allhallows, London Wall.

When Mary Ann married she said her father Edward was a fishmonger. There is a marriage for a Susanna Petty also father Edward (fishmonger) to Mr Harrold

This is an old thread that I've just come across as I've been researching an Edward Petty though I think I've decided that the one mentioned here is not the one I'm after. However as I've found out a few things along the way I may as well mention them in case they are of interest.

Edward Petty that married widow Elizabeth Clemitson lived/ carried on business in Threadneedle Street. He was the joint founder in 1816 of the firm Petty Wood & Co. Ltd which still operates today in Andover, Hampshire.

https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results/1817-01-01/1817-12-31?basicsearch=%22edward%20petty%22&phrasesearch=edward%20petty&retrievecountrycounts=false&sortorder=dayearly

He later lived in Walthamstow and died there in 1840. Here is his will:
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D109844

Here is the will of his widow Elizabeth Glass/Clemitson/Petty who died in 1845.
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D92458

Going back to 1812, here is James Clemitson's will which appoints Edward Petty as an Executor.
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D208182

James Clemitson was a tea broker/dealer and the lengthy will talks a lot about co-partnerships. I'm not sure if that's referring to Edward Petty or not.

And incidentally in 1818 James Clemitson's son James died in Ashbourne, Derybyshire whilst on a journey:
http://www.poorfrankraw.co.uk/Derbyshire/Ashbourne.html