Author Topic: ROBERT FUZZARD AND BATHSHEBA MARTIN  (Read 1510 times)

Offline tamisian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ROBERT FUZZARD AND BATHSHEBA MARTIN
« on: Tuesday 24 October 17 11:08 BST (UK) »
I have a marriage of Robert Fuzzard and Bathsheba Martin who were married at Town Church, St Peters Port, Guernsey on May 13th 1814. Robert was from Weymouth, Dorset, and Bathsheba from Mevagisey in Cornwall. They had a son James Benjamin born on 12th April 1817 in St Peters Port, baptised 9th may 1817. This information I found in the Prilaux library when I visited Guernsey. I have traced all the descendant's of this tree. However when continuing my research I have found Robert and Bathsheba in Cornwall England with twins Robert and Jane born in Guernsey 1926, which must be of the same parents as James. so they must have moved back to England after 1926. Could someone in Guernsey please look for the twins birth for me in the Prilaaux library and the records office in St Peters Port. Thank you so much to anyone who can help me.

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: ROBERT FUZZARD AND BATHSHEBA MARTIN
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 19:01 BST (UK) »
Have you got your 1800's and 1900's mixed up?

Stewart

Offline tamisian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 October 17 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Stewart you are correct. Jane and Robert Fuzzard twins: were born in Guernsey in1826 as recorded on British Coastguards 1841-1901 and on the British 1841 Census living with parents Robert Fuzzard and Bathsheba Fuzzard. I would really appreciate anyone looking for their birth in Guernsey, at the Prilaux library and records office in St Peters Port and any other information they can find. I know they were baptised on 29th October 1832 in New Romney in Kent. Jane married John Coad in Tyward in Cornwall and died 22nd November 1891 in Cornwall. Robert is an apprentice shoemaker on the 1841 British Census but I cannot find any record of him after this. Many thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Offline HistoryBob

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 April 22 14:40 BST (UK) »
Jane FUZZARD and John COAD were married by Banns on 1st July 1851 at the parish church of Forrabury in Cornwall.  Both were of 'Full Age'.  John was a 'Butler in Service' living at Luxulyan and Jane was living at Forrabury. John's Father was a 'Butcher' and Janes father was a 'Boatman in Preventative Service'.