Author Topic: William Dolling (Dowling) marriage to Frances (Fanny) Wares  (Read 753 times)

Offline Mo Dem

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Dolling (Dowling) marriage to Frances (Fanny) Wares
« on: Saturday 28 October 17 14:55 BST (UK) »
From Find My Past (and FamilySearch) I have found the following marriage of William Doling to Frances Wares, 8 Nov 1808 in Mid Lavant, Sussex, Eng (England Marriages 1538-1973) (no image available).   I have found a 1851 census HO107/1652, of a William Dowling 68, Farm Labourer born Kings Sombourne, Hampshire and Fanny 64, born E Lavant in Sussex, living in Mid Lavant which is the area of the descendants I am researching came from.   The nearest birth record for William Dolling (Dowling) I can find is a 13 Jul 1783, Baptism record at Goodworth Clatford, Hampshire.  Looking up both areas I note they are only 8.6 miles apart but fall in different poor union areas.  The father and mother for this William is Moses Dowling and Ann (nee Bennett).  I am trying to establish that this William is the one and same.  Has anyone got access to the Sussex Marriage Parish Records to confirm the father details, abode and witnesses of the bride and groom which might help to confirm one way or another?  Many thanks in advance.

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Dolling (Dowling) marriage to Frances (Fanny) Wares
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 October 17 16:08 BST (UK) »
The marriage is on FreeReg. The witnesses were William and Maria Wares and John Ewen Clark.

Bride and groom were 'both of this parish'.

You don't normally get fathers names until after 1837

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Mo Dem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Dolling (Dowling) marriage to Frances (Fanny) Wares
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help  ;D