Author Topic: Searching for George Glue/Glew B 1860 a brick wall  (Read 4058 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for George Glue/Glew B 1860 a brick wall
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 16 April 20 04:49 BST (UK) »
So, back in 2017 our Original Poster had the m.c. and it was giving that Christina was 17 years of age, and that she had her father's consent, and 'no more info' so no names of witnesses or the name of her father....  but now the document Vic BDM is giving Ian does not give age for the bride, gives the name of someone who is not likely to be be her dad, and names witnesses.... and yet still no information about George .... no occupation, no age, no place of birth, but status as a bachelor ... not as a widower.   It is the clergy who determine the status, widower had a broad meaning, not the tight meaning used today. 

So has Vic BDM more than one set of digitised images from 1854 ?  How does this give confidence that that George was twice married....  ::)

JM

hi judith 

George and Christina married in Kilmore. 28 july 1854, both of the parish of Bylands, Kilsyth she was only 17 years of age the marriage was by license and she had her fathers consent, both signed with a cross (no more info)

William Birth cert 25 May 1855, place Kilsyth, father George Glue occupation "Sawyer" born Sussex England , mother Christina Laird

William married as William Russell 2 May 1877 in Tasmania  to Eliza Jane Biddle, occupation "Splitter"

William Death 1926 place Beech Forrest District, "timber worker" parents George Glue and Christina Kenny Nee Laird

George only indexes for B & D, however I did find a marriage cert on another tree, To Mary Ryan 12 march 1850 in Kilsyth Occupation "Labourer" Parents William Glue and Christina Laird.

The info you sent re convicts, there have been some errors on different docs, George was Single a Farm Labourer and Joseph married with 2 children he was the bricklayer. Joseph was Geeorge's nephew.

Any wonder one gets confused!! I don't know how you at Rootschat put it all together so quickly, I have been battling with George as I said for a very long time, so, thank you all very much

Judy

Sharing.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.