Author Topic: Edward Mortimer Brick Wall  (Read 2003 times)

Offline sarmor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Mortimer Brick Wall
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 November 17 11:53 GMT (UK) »
My father's gedmatch number is A589935 (I haven't got mine on there yet plus his would give a better reading). It would be great if you could do a "one to one" compare on there and see what comes up.

I've been doing some research on the Orcheston Edward these last few days. I was hoping that I might dig up some names as witnesses which might be familiar to my Edward's family trying to connect them that way but no such luck. I'm guessing you've not found anything out on your Edward at all other than his baptism? Do you know if your Edward's parents left a will at all? Just wondering if Edward (and his family) might be listed in it - that would help confirm things.
Mortimer, Bennett, Hutchings, Warr, Truman, Hiscock, Lamb, Hall, Bratchell, Kirby

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 November 17 00:45 GMT (UK) »
No matching DNA with your Dad!   :(

One of us has it wrong, it could be me.  I have just been going over what I ACTUALLY know.  My Emma BURROUGH 1828 was the daughter of Thomas BURROUGH and Elizabeth CHANDLER.  Elizabeth CHANDLER c1810 who on the 1851-1881 censuses states she was born at Orcheston St G, was probably the daughter of Thomas CHANDLER and Ann MORTIMER.  There is a baptism of an Elizabeth in 1809 to Thomas Chandler and Ann at Orcheston St G.  When Elizabeth married Thomas BURROUGH a James CHANDLER signed the MC (his mark) and Elizabeth did have an older brother James.  It is this Ann MORTIMER was I thought was the sister of your Edward!  But is seems not through DNA...

???!!!

bitzar.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England

Offline sarmor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 November 17 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Your research is right. Ann did have a brother who was Edward from Orcheston St George. But if there is no dna match between you and me (or at least our fathers) that must mean then that the Edward Mortimer of Orcheston St George is not my Edward. Which means I have eliminated him from my enquiries which is good (and bad as it means returning to the drawing board).

So, my Edward isn't the one baptised in Trowbridge,  Ogbourne St George or Orcheston St George. Can anyone suggest any other avenues? Could he be from the Avebury Mortimers but not baptised? Is he from outside of Wiltshire? Hmm.
Mortimer, Bennett, Hutchings, Warr, Truman, Hiscock, Lamb, Hall, Bratchell, Kirby