Author Topic: Hadham  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Clincher2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hadham
« on: Friday 03 November 17 11:21 GMT (UK) »
After quite a few years searching in many Essex parishes for Marshalls I have stumbled on a clue that they have a few in Hertfordshire in or around Hadham in particular. I have learned that there is a place named Marshallwick in Hertfordshire!!
I would be very grateful for a look-up in Hadham for a William Marshall born circa 1837 to William Marshall and Jane Thanks Clincher

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hadham
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 November 17 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Do you have William + parents in any census - to confirm place of birth?

Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Clincher2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hadham
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 November 17 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply. I have not got my files to hand at the moment. From memory in 1841 both parents and daughter and son William were said to have been born in Essex. Subsequent censuses suggested that Dagenham was birthplace of son William which led me to concentrate on SE Essex but then found that the similar name of the Neave estate (now occupied by the GLC area of Havering) was a red herring. In recent months I have had very promising results in Stansted, Downham and Terling some of which had clues to Hadham