Author Topic: Birth/Bapt for Margaret Gertrude Regan or O'Regan born 27.4.1872 Passage West  (Read 1659 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Birth/Bapt for Margaret Gertrude Regan or O'Regan born 27.4.1872 Passage West
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 17:14 GMT (UK) »
WOW!!

Thank you all very much.  I have not long got in as a bus ran into my brothers car and I have been sorting insurance etc out for him as he is very shaken but thankfully unhurt

I saw the 1872 entry on the Catholic baptisms site but the date of birth did not tie in with the 1939 register so I dismissed it.  I wonder if that could have been an error and it was her baptismal date.

Certainly plenty of info there which I will study later.  I will also be contacting my husbands Welsh cousins and picking their brains about the names of siblings.

Quite often having an actual name can be a good memory jogger!!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth/Bapt for Margaret Gertrude Regan or O'Regan born 27.4.1872 Passage West
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 17:29 GMT (UK) »
The baptism and birth date on the parish register seems very close to the 1939 date.

According to Irish baptismal and civil records, my father was baptised several days before his birth and that is not unusual.

Thankfully your brother is unhurt - but what a nuisance with insurance etc.  Carole.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Heywood - I re-read your reply just now and had missed that so apologies.  My brother is 84 so a bus pulling out of a layby and crashing into him is not what he wants at that age.

I really think that is the right person - it's far too close not to be so thank you very much.

WELL -  I got excited when I read Dathai's reply and saw Jeremiah Conner as the father of Margaret Conner 

My mother in law was the daughter of Margaret Regan and when she died in 1988 we found the deeds to a Liverpool grave for Jeremiah Regan who died in 1944 aged 68.  The grave was purchased by an Alice Sarah Banzer (nee Hughes) and although I researched Jeremiah and the Banzers I could not find a connection to Margaret Regan.  There must be one - why else would my mother in law have the deeds to his grave?   

I found a baptism on FS for a Jeremiah Regan born August 1875 Cork parents Patrick and Mary nee Connell (not Margaret Conner) but there is an 1876 birth recorded as well

IF - Jeremiah was Margaret's brother it opens possibilities

I need to do some more digging

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 18:51 GMT (UK) »
That looks promising and the Liverpool death shows birth abt 1876.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 20:05 GMT (UK) »
I found a 1911 entry for a Patrick & Mary Regan both aged 60 with a son Jeremiah born 1876 Wick - Cork.  However - they have a 22yr old daughter Honora born London

March qtr 1889
Honora Regan  Marylebone    1a   550 - mmn was O'Connell

I wonder if he is the baptism I found on FS - born 18.8.1875

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Tracked the 1911 family back to 1881 - indexed as Ryan.  Patrick's father in household - also Patrick.

No daughter Margaret so different family

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Per 1939 register.  Jeremiah Regan was born 2.8.1877 and was living with the Banzers.  Alice Sarah Banzer nee Hughes was born in Dublin per 1911 and I have traced her back to 1891 with her parents

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Birth/Bapt for Margaret Gertrude Regan or O'Regan COMPLETED
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 23:55 GMT (UK) »
I have reached the conclusion that there is no biological connection between the Banzers and Jeremiah Regan so am giving up on that angle.

My husband never heard his mother speak of any relative called Jeremiah or Jerry etc.  I have spoken to the eldest 2 of his Welsh cousins born 1937 and 1939 and they don't remember his name being mentioned by Margaret or their mother. 

I am happy with the findings for Margaret Regan and that her parents were Patrick Regan and Margaret Conner

Finally - very many thanks to Heywood, Dathai, and KGarrad for all your help and efforts