Author Topic: Two Place names I need help with  (Read 4034 times)

Offline Jean Price

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Two Place names I need help with
« Reply #18 on: Monday 03 May 21 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Ehodgso

Did you address your last message to me?
I cetainly have Hodgson in my ancestry - they were from Bromfield, Aspatria, Holme Cultram area.
If yes I will send you my email in a private message.
Regards
Jean Price
Fawcett, Down; Gibson, Ayrshire and Tasmania; James, Cornwall and Victoria Aus; Cox, Northamptonshire, Thomas, Gloucestershire; Albury, Berkshire,

Offline Ehodgso

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 03 May 21 01:44 BST (UK) »
Yes I did.  Others jumped in and have given me some more info.  I would like to learn more about my relatives who lived in the Stanhope area.  My email is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline JLMiller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ehodgso's 1930s Document
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hello Ehodgso,

I am originally from the Canal Fulton, Ohio area and my Aunt (a Hodgson) who was born in 1894 and died in 1987 gave to me (prior to her death) the document that was written in the 1930s that you have referred to in an earlier post.  Due to the fact that I have just retired recently, I am just now beginning to research my connection to this document and, from all initial observations, John Hodgson (who married Ann Harrison in 1792) is my great-grandfather many times over.  In your earlier post, you indicated that you have modified the document that was written in the 1930s and I was wondering whether it would be at all possible for you to share your modified document with me?  If so, I am certain that it would be a tremendous help in my continuing efforts to better understand my past.  I just registered formally as a member of RootsChat.com today because, last night for the first time, I tried to discover the location of "Sisodorgue" which is referred to in the 1930s document; however, I was unable to find reference to its specific location on a map but, by chance, I happened upon the RootsChat.com discussion which referenced "Sisodorgue" and, lucky me, this included the discussion of the Hodgson family, etc. which led me to your specific posts. 

I would very much appreciate your assistance, Ehodgso, in connection with this matter and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,

JLMiller   

Offline Geordie Mag

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 07:25 BST (UK) »
Jumping in again,(!), JLMiller needs to post another (or is it 2 more?) more messages on the public board before using the private messaging system, so have a bit of a chat here first. Mag
Northumberland: Little, Hogg, Tyers, Reid
Durham: Todd, Lee,
Cumbria: Ross, Ivison, Tyers
Yorkshire North Riding: Pybus, Alderson, Rutherford, Mudd, Wilson
Sussex: Selmes, Ashdown, Freelove, Mitchell

Offline Ehodgso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 12:46 BST (UK) »
Ok, and thank you Gordie

Offline JLMiller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
The Hodgson File
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 14:12 BST (UK) »
Ehodgso - Yes, I did receive the file this morning and I am glad to say that I have downloaded it successfully.  I will begin to review it today and will be back in touch with you.  Thank you once again for this document.  It means so very much to me to have received it in this updated format along with your modifications. - JLMiller

Offline JLMiller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Private Messaging
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 14:15 BST (UK) »
Geordie Mag - thank you kindly for taking the time to provide me with the information regarding private messaging.  Including this email, I have now posted two additional emails so, hopefully, I am good to go with private messaging in the future. - Best regards, JLMiller

Offline Ehodgso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 26 May 21 23:51 BST (UK) »
JLMiller…glad you got it…. Your Jonathon is on the last page…. It says that no information is available.  I have searched Mormon database, and others, and I found it difficult to locate him. I did find a tombstone on find a grave.com that listed Jonathan with an h,  so I am assuming that it is him.
The marker list Frances Hodgson Heaston and a Raymond. I also found records listing I think a Frances Moore as a wife.  Can you shed light on Jonathon and his family?

Also I guess you read about Sisodourge and six dargue, or six days work farm

Offline Ehodgso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 26 May 21 23:56 BST (UK) »
Ohh JLMiller…. I went to canal Fulton around 1995, I found about 70 Hodgson’s in the phonebook. I copied two pages from the 1930s family history and sent them to each of the 70 Hodgson‘s. Amazingly I only received two replies. One a Thomas Hodgson, communicated with me via email for a while, then he passed away. I could get no more information along that family line. He was going to send me his family history but I never did get it