Author Topic: Marriage William Vickress to Mary Williams, 1784 Wellington  (Read 1030 times)

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
Marriage William Vickress to Mary Williams, 1784 Wellington
« on: Sunday 12 November 17 14:05 GMT (UK) »
I was hoping if anyone with access to either microfilms for Wellington (Herefordshire) or the original records in Hereford Records Office could look up the marriage of William Vickress and Mary Williams, who were wed in Wellington on 12 July 1784. I am interested to know if there are any references to the groom's status (I suspect he was widowed) and/or parentage. Witness names might also be helpful.
The index I have states he was Hope-under-Dinmore, but nothing is specified as to his marital status.  I know marriage records from the period are not particularly detailed but I'd like to be sure what the original record says.
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)